Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2015, 05:12 PM
JL

8,516 posts, read 14,460,467 times

Advertisements

No need for transplants when you can just do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEYnLQF3-NY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 09:37 PM

1 posts, read 981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
I see so many men who are bald or at least going bald. Hair transplants are not any more expensive than a used car.

I'm relatively young and not going bald yet, but as soon as I start to lose hair, I'll be at the surgeons office so fast.

Why don't more men get hair transplants? I've heard they're very successful and I wouldn't imagine it would be any worse than wisdom teeth removal.
Probably because hetero males over the age of 20 or so wouldn't care about something like this. Baldness is an indication of high testosterone. Women are attracted to it. Non-hetero males or the prissy type probably care, but that's only a small percent market share for the "hair solutions" people. I can't imagine being so insecure as to care about this.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:09 PM

750 posts, read 640,615 times
OP, use your brain.

1) HT's are expensive.

2) HT's vary greatly in effectiveness.

3) Each person has a finite amount of donor hair.

4) Prime reason men want / need hair is to attract a mate. Most people go bald past 30+ when they are probably already married or in a serious relationship, thus they wouldn't need it or worry about it too much.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:10 PM

6 posts, read 6,606 times
All I can say is wow. In maybe 1984, the Tom Cruise look attracted women. In 2015, Vin Diesel attracts the hotties. People focused on haircuts must still be stuck in a time warp.

Old 04-05-2015, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makalinksi View Post
All I can say is wow. In maybe 1984, the Tom Cruise look attracted women. In 2015, Vin Diesel attracts the hotties. People focused on haircuts must still be stuck in a time warp.
Um not quite.

Very very few men are attractive bald. Very few woman are attracted to bald men.

The good news for bald guys is the above is irrelevant because woman do not prioritize looks.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:38 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,793,454 times
My guess is the guys who really become miserable over baldness would find something else to bother them to the point of obsession even if they had a full head of hair.

Old 04-05-2015, 02:06 AM

34,935 posts, read 36,071,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
Um not quite.

Very very few men are attractive bald. Very few woman are attracted to bald men.

The good news for bald guys is the above is irrelevant because woman do not prioritize looks.
I know plenty of women of all ages who like bald dudes.

It's all in how they present themselves. Bald can be very sexy.

Old 04-05-2015, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I know plenty of women of all ages who like bald dudes.

It's all in how they present themselves. Bald can be very sexy.
Compare that to the number of women who prefer hair.

The % is very low.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:43 AM

34,935 posts, read 36,071,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
Compare that to the number of women who prefer hair.

The % is very low.
You miss the point. If randomly asked "guy with hair or bald guy?"

Women will err on the side of caution and say "guy with hair."

Because some guys don't go bald gracefully.

If you start showing women pictures of various men who are attractive and bald, they will frequently choose them over guys who simply "have hair."

Unless a man looks bad bald, hair transplantation is a bit desperate. No need for all that.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:51 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,762,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
As a woman, I find it repulsive when a man is so lacking in confidence that he needs hair transplants or a toupee. It's icky.
I guess any man can say the same about a woman who wears extensions,weaves, wigs, hair clips, etc?

I definitely think there's a double standard here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty