Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 03:09 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,260,641 times

Advertisements

Olga Bras are by far, the most comfortable and appealing. I am a DD myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 06:17 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,387,150 times
If the cup digs into you and you overspill, go up a band size or a cup size.

These are sister sizes with the cups being the exact same size.

34DDD,36DD,38D, 40C

All DD bras do NOT have the same cup size. A 32 DD bra has a much much smaller cup size than a 40DD.

My advice is to try a 38DD at Marshall's or TJ Maxx to see if it is more comfortable.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:34 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Question - which ones they were ( that worked for you) - brand, cut ( if possible)?
For me balconette bras work best, and ones cut for people who are fuller on top. I also need narrower underwires with little space between the two. Wider spaces wires dig into to the sides of my chest and poke me.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:30 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times
agree about getting another fitting. Go to a specialty store or to a dept store when they are having a bra fitting event and trained people there. Explain what you are looking for - I find some brands have underwires that come up much too high in the middle of the girls and I get these weird bumps in my shirt so I have to go with brands that have shorter underwires.

Also agree with the people who have posted here trying to explain sizing a bit better. Cup sizes vary with band size. So you aren't going to be a 36DD or 38DD because those are two different cup sizes. 36DD would be about the same size cup as 38D. Most people who are wearing the wrong sized bra need a smaller band size and a larger cup size than they are currently wearing.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:45 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,216,104 times
If you guys could post the names of the stores where you find all of these custom large brands, that would be great.

I have the same issue as the OP - not a large person, but need a large cup size. The bands around the ribs are always too large to get the large cup size I need. It's easy to find a 40 DDD, but finding a 36 DDD is almost impossible. The cups are also too far apart, made for a heavier person, so the cups leave those ugly V shaped indentation towards the center, making my cleavage want to fall out with no smoothness.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ve View Post
If you guys could post the names of the stores where you find all of these custom large brands, that would be great.

I have the same issue as the OP - not a large person, but need a large cup size. The bands around the ribs are always too large to get the large cup size I need. It's easy to find a 40 DDD, but finding a 36 DDD is almost impossible. The cups are also too far apart, made for a heavier person, so the cups leave those ugly V shaped indentation towards the center, making my cleavage want to fall out with no smoothness.
Get a seamstress to convert a cheaper bra for you. Buy one that fits in the cups, and then take in the band. It's not ideal, but it would work.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:

If you fit the cups of a 40DDD, then you need larger cups. You need between a 38 G or a 36 H.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:

Where are you located? I used to live in Boston, where we had Lady Grace Intimate Apparel | Bras and Panties | Plus Size Bras | Body Shapewear | Hosiery and Spanx

Here in Denver, we have Treva's Bra Fitting Experts | Trevas Denver | Full figure bras, breast forms & bras

Ask around locally to find something comparable to that in your area.

You could also try Nordstrom, but I haven't personally had as much luck there unless it's during a bra fitting event, where they have someone from a mfg there who really knows what she's doing.

Personally, I like the Glamorise brand, I find that the wires don't come up too high on me. But you have to try a lot of things to see what works from your particular body.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
If you fit the cups of a 40DDD, then you need larger cups. You need between a 38 G or a 36 H.
yep, correct!

Old 04-01-2015, 11:59 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,216,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Thank you. I think that is the issue. I need to go to a custom store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Where are you located? I used to live in Boston, where we had Lady Grace Intimate Apparel | Bras and Panties | Plus Size Bras | Body Shapewear | Hosiery and Spanx

Here in Denver, we have Treva's Bra Fitting Experts | Trevas Denver | Full figure bras, breast forms & bras

Ask around locally to find something comparable to that in your area.

You could also try Nordstrom, but I haven't personally had as much luck there unless it's during a bra fitting event, where they have someone from a mfg there who really knows what she's doing.

Personally, I like the Glamorise brand, I find that the wires don't come up too high on me. But you have to try a lot of things to see what works from your particular body.
Greenville, SC. I found a local place. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty