Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 09:18 PM

118 posts, read 157,313 times

Advertisements

Hair moose like wtf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 11:08 PM

609 posts, read 615,305 times
I pretty much find everything useless other than foundation powder, mascara, and lipgloss. Don't use anything else. I feel like I start to look like a clown if I apply any more than that, which is nice, but I don't get to have "fun with makeup."

Old 04-06-2015, 08:36 AM

1,623 posts, read 1,723,699 times
I'm a total product ***** so most of people useless stuff I have and use. I don't use bronzer at all since I'm very pale and sticking bronzer or self tanner on my face would be silly. Other than that I'm pretty much using it. It takes a lot of work to be as beautiful as I am

Old 04-06-2015, 08:44 PM

898 posts, read 1,218,260 times
i actually believe vitamins are useless. i think real whole food gives you the best absorption of any nutrient. sure a calcium pill has a certain number of mg's of calcium but it's not bioavailable to the body. that's a lab fact, not one in real use. if you eat almonds or milk (the vitamin d is added but you can get it from the sun or other foods), that calcium is far better and more readily available to the body. for this reason, any beauty pills i see are useless imo.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:41 AM

15,945 posts, read 7,012,752 times
I dont get concealer for under eye color correction. How do you use and what does it do?

Old 12-17-2021, 07:24 AM

3,373 posts, read 1,963,607 times
My eyelash curler makes a huge difference in the appearance of my eyelashes. The curler pulls them upward where they are more noticeable and then with primer and mascara, my lashes look full and thick. The eyelash primer works as a base for building the mascara and I've actually tested this out - on one eye I used the primer and the other one, I did not, and the one with primer had a fuller look and the lashes definitely appeared thicker.

I don't use primer on my face. Moisturizer is my primer and it gives my foundation a good base and just makes my skin feel better all around.

Contouring products seem useless to me. Unless someone is very skilled in their application, they're very noticeable and not a good look.

I know this is an old thread but I think it's worth updating to what we're using now.

Old 12-17-2021, 07:53 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Guy View Post
i actually believe vitamins are useless. i think real whole food gives you the best absorption of any nutrient. sure a calcium pill has a certain number of mg's of calcium but it's not bioavailable to the body. that's a lab fact, not one in real use. if you eat almonds or milk (the vitamin d is added but you can get it from the sun or other foods), that calcium is far better and more readily available to the body. for this reason, any beauty pills i see are useless imo.
The thing is though that some places dont have much sun and not everyone can afford the proper food or maybe have the time to make it.. I dont think vitamins are some beauty thing either.. for some that need Iron etc its a necessity..

Old 12-17-2021, 08:58 AM

2,867 posts, read 1,539,774 times
For me, the following did nothing for me:
Eyelash curler
Undereye concealer
Age spot creams

I found a good mascara that works for me. I used to used lash primer but it led to too much clumping, even new.

For my skin I got laser therapy. Now the only things I use on my face are moisturizer and sunscreen.

As for undereye puffiness, only a surgeon can help me there.

Old 12-17-2021, 10:01 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,141,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I dont get concealer for under eye color correction. How do you use and what does it do?

I use Loreal Primer pretty much for foundation. It's tinted, a lighter coverage, but it does even out my skin tone and minimize pores. As I get older, it seems like "less is more" so I've been preferring the primer.

Because it's a lighter coverage, I feel like I still have noticeable shadows under my eyes, so I use concealer. What I do is make a series of dots, starting in a corner, making a triangle down to the top of my upper jaw bone, and then going back up to the other corner of my eye. And then I blend blend blend. I use my little finger, but probably other people would prefer to use a brush, or a sponge or something.

To reiterate, I use the concealer AFTER I apply the primer. After I apply the primer and the concealer, I'll apply powder blush, and do my eyes, which usually consists of lining with a pencil, and using mascara. I like using Liquid Lash Extensions for my mascara.

IF I had the knack with false eyelashes, I'd wear them...but I don't have good luck with them.

I'll tell y'all something that makes me kind of sad...it's certainly not everyone here, but some people saying THIS is useless, or THAT is useless...when really...it's only useless to the individual who doesn't use whatever said product.

Again...it's not everyone being like that, and most of those kind of comments seemed like they're from way back in 2015...but those comments always make me think "Why does any ONE person seem to think they know what's best for everyone else?" LOL

Now...anyone who says "such and such product is useless FOR ME" I'm right there with you. lol

Old 12-17-2021, 10:45 AM

2,867 posts, read 1,539,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Again...it's not everyone being like that, and most of those kind of comments seemed like they're from way back in 2015...but those comments always make me think "Why does any ONE person seem to think they know what's best for everyone else?" LOL

Now...anyone who says "such and such product is useless FOR ME" I'm right there with you. lol

Exactly. I know women who would swear by eyelash curlers. Not even a make-up artist could curl my lashes. They just won't curl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty