Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 10:08 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times

Advertisements

People should care just enough not to look like those viral K-Mart shopper photos

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 10:28 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,989,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I look the same all the time, always put together with a little make up on, even when I am home alone. I just feel better dressing nicely than not. I have never been a person who stays in their pjs all day.
I'm the same way. I'm not dressing up to run errands, I am getting dressed/ready for the day regardless of what I am doing. You won't catch me in yoga pants in public unless I truly am either working out or returning from a workout.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:46 AM

917 posts, read 2,005,321 times
It doesn't have to be a stylish outfit. as long as it's clean and matches. If my hair is a mess I'll wear a hat and usually put on some gloss.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:38 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,240,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
When you are going grocery shopping, to post office, or running any other errands, not expecting to meet your friends/associates..., do you care to dress nicely?
I would bet the deed to my house that every person who said "no" in this thread is not running errands in rags, a burlap sack, covered in sweat and/or dirt, etc. In other words, you may not don your Sunday best, but you surely do care.

Caveat: I'm talking about coming from the house. Blue collar workers running errands after work do not count.

Caveat 2: "Nicely" is subjective. Many people around where I live think jeans, boots, and a safety orange or camo shirt and hat is dressing "nicely".

Old 05-04-2015, 03:17 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I would bet the deed to my house that every person who said "no" in this thread is not running errands in rags, a burlap sack, covered in sweat and/or dirt, etc. In other words, you may not don your Sunday best, but you surely do care.

Caveat: I'm talking about coming from the house. Blue collar workers running errands after work do not count.

Caveat 2: "Nicely" is subjective. Many people around where I live think jeans, boots, and a safety orange or camo shirt and hat is dressing "nicely".

I live in an area where a very large percentage people really seem to not care about their appearance when they leave the house. It's all about the sweatpants, over-sized graphic T-shirt, and flip flops. I don't own any of those things, but it's a very normal thing to see around here. I'm not sure if it's a no-style thing or comfort or what. To each her own, I guess.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:28 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,637,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
People should care just enough not to look like those viral K-Mart shopper photos

Whoa!!! Is that a skirt or a top???

Last edited by Marka; 05-28-2015 at 04:10 AM..

Old 05-04-2015, 04:12 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
If I'm in the middle of chores (cleaning, yard work, etc) and have to run out for something I need I won't bother changing. I do try to look nice for my sweetheart every day. If I don't want him looking at other women I better give him something to look at right here at home!

Old 05-04-2015, 05:28 PM

756 posts, read 834,185 times
Exclamation No!

Quote:
When you are going grocery shopping, to post office, or running any other errands, not expecting to meet your friends/associates..., do you care to dress nicely?
I wear what ever I want to and all those other nosey people can just deal with it.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:20 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I will only go out if I'm wearing makeup and a presentable outfit. I'm a bit more lax than I used to be, since I don't know very many people here, but I still try not to cross the line so I don't wind up as a bad example on the internet.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:21 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
Quote:
To an extent. If I'm busy around the house wearing stretched out, dirty sweatpants, and/or an old Tee full of holes, I will NOT go out in public like that. I'll change into my jeans and/or change the Tee or throw something else over it. And I'll apply a light touch of lipstick (if I'm not wearing it already, as I sometimes do), and brush up my eyebrows. I can't stand the thought of going out looking like a total slob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty