Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 09:53 AM

545 posts, read 594,632 times

Advertisements

I actually find women who wear mini skirts without undies on underneath extremely mesmerizing...!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 04:12 AM

908 posts, read 1,661,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscararean View Post
Recently I have bought a Leather Mini skirt with $129 for party for my daughter. If I think it's inappropriate clothing then I never buy it for my daughter. Everyone has the freedom to wear on their own choice.
re: your photo, you may have a daughter who will experience sex sooner than you wanted. or maybe even rape. even though it shouldn't happen, there are lots of young or old guys who just don't subscribe to our shoulds and shouldn'ts. I would never personally buy anything that short for my kid, knowing what I know. and ESPECIALLY for a party! you are talking unsupervised where anything can happen, right???? wow. i mean, are you into contributing to your daughter's sex life ? what ? sorry, i do not agree with this. is she a minor??? if so- no way. some people just don't know what goes on (or what guys think about girls)! especially when mom isn't looking.

Old 05-18-2015, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
No. I have been working in different places always dressed very formal, never shown a thing yet I have been treated poorly by men. Breasts and butt touching , unappreciated talks etc. Heck once I had wellington boots when this happened!

Society needs to change and views of women needs to change.
sure, but it requires both ends of the equation. people in general and especially at work or in public, need to dress in a way that doesn't invite (intended or unintended) sexual distractions/ temptations (within reason), AND people need to control themselves and NOT touch, NOT make sexual advances or assumptions. It isn't either/or, it's both.

Old 05-18-2015, 04:27 AM

well , just so you realize, I'm pretty sure that MEN are also not allowed to wear miniskirts or equivalent, in offices too. think about it for one second. We are talking about showing significant portions of those sexy legs, but also a very visually accessible fantasy-inducing opening that is very near a known sexual paradise area (crotch that is only 6 inches from hem), practically forcing a guy to put his hand under it. (lol not really but maybe some guys). Get it? this is reality, men and women are turned on by each other , especially in close quarters like offices or schools , all day long.
GOT to adhere to a stricter standard for this reason. To stop the mental/hormonal inevitabilities that can and do often happen. whenever such controls are possible.
The boss doesn't want to have too much employee time/ productivity loss due to distracted fantasizing, or runs to the bathroom to dispose of that unintended boner from too much pretty girl thigh skin visual overdose etc.
GET REAL.
Not being aware of potential problems, and "trying to distract the men" are reasons why anyone would think you are dumb or, NOT helping the company. Why not avoid problems?

WHY wear a mini skirt / revealing clothing to work? what would your goal for that be anyway? certainly not so you can be more professional or a better worker. Rather the opposite, a person who doesn't have a clue about interaction with others. What are people supposed to do, turn into robot icebergs without any human feelings, just so you can be an inconsiderate selfish clueless show-off or an exhibitionist? really? NOT.

you may think the workplace is a cool sexy fashion show or flirtation game scene, but you are out of tune. In reality it has to be made as sexless as possible in order to function as a workplace. The boss also values those male employees who find women alluring, and he would probably like to minimize their problems with distractions from sexy females as much as possible.

Only a person in denial would really think that men don't find women at work attractive, in a hormonal kind of way. for that very reason, you need to dress in a way that puts visual barriers up. Those barriers are called CLOTHES.

big duhhhhhhhhhh.
But then some people are at work for reasons OTHER THAN work. obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
It could be asked why someone takes the power to set mini skirt carrier into some "lower" category just because of dressing. It is sexism, it is treating people poorly by own prejudices.

Why women with mini skirts at jobs are not appreciated? There is no reason for that, there is no study which proves they would be bad workers just because their shorter skirts.

Why there is so much sexual abusing at work? Not because of dressing but because often sexist men takes the power over women one way or the other and sexual offending or controlling , picking and pointing dressing is their method to keep women in lower level.

It is not women, it is not dressing, it is immature sexist people who treat people badly because their clothes.

It is not just mini skirt but "how fashionable you are" , "how expensive your clothes are", what fake settings about color to use or not together etc. It is all humbug. "Forms" are nothing but humbug.

It is sad to be a woman and get controlled by dressing style. It is dresscism according to racism.

Last edited by 2bpurrfect; 05-18-2015 at 04:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty