Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 06:04 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,879,306 times

Advertisements

The only thing any 'authority' should be able to say anything about is indecent exposure. If that includes exposed underwear is up to the law makers in the town/city/state/country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 08:13 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Fashion police subject everyday human beings to mental torture and force them to spend hundreds of dollars. Hire a fashion lawyer to defend your rights today !

P.S : I made it up .

Old 05-19-2015, 10:04 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,611,567 times
Ugh. That's the last thing I need.

I don't have the money or time to keep up with fashion. I concern myself about whether the clothing is modest, in good repair, and appropriate for the activity. Jeans and plain tee shirts are the order of the day right now when I'm not at a paying job: I'm planting, mowing, and weeding.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:26 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,691,622 times
Lol I get the point, and yes iv seen those wearing little clothing that makes me cringe. Course then, it would be hard to get everyone to agree on a standard.. on the good side, it should lower taxes since such a good income would come from those fines!

Old 05-21-2015, 09:40 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,161,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Some municipalities already give tickets for exposed underwear.
I love that people use fashion as a way to express their individuality, but exposed underwear is a total deal breaker. I'm not talking about a peekaboo camisole or a bra strap - I'm talking about low rise jeans/pants and part of the thong showing. It is really gross and it doesn't matter slim, overweight, or normal weight - it's ugly and nasty. I used to think the ladies don't realize that it's showing, but I've been told that it's deliberate and they want it to show, but WHY???????

Old 05-24-2015, 04:06 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
I love that people use fashion as a way to express their individuality, but exposed underwear is a total deal breaker. I'm not talking about a peekaboo camisole or a bra strap - I'm talking about low rise jeans/pants and part of the thong showing. It is really gross and it doesn't matter slim, overweight, or normal weight - it's ugly and nasty. I used to think the ladies don't realize that it's showing, but I've been told that it's deliberate and they want it to show, but WHY???????

Me too, lol, before I knew I tend to say many things

Guys does this too.

And not all even use underwear!

Why would anyone want to show their bare arse to strangers? Why?

Could someone friendly person who walks out with shining bare butt explain why you want us to see your butt crack? We know that is where the poo is coming. This is my pooper?

Why?

Old 05-24-2015, 08:36 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,238,105 times
A fashion police implies the existence of fashion laws needing enforcement, and thus a fashion legislature making said laws.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:43 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
By fashion police I mean those with the power to give out tickets to people that are dressed very slovenly or intentionally showing off their goods. Now I realize most would consider it wrong to dictate and have laws about that kind of stuff, but honestly sometimes I see people wearing (or not wearing) stuff that drives me crazy and wish I could give them a ticket.
1) Define "slovenly". Now ask 100 other people to define it.
2) Would you like it if the fashion police gave you a ticket for something you're wearing that drives them crazy?

Old 05-24-2015, 08:53 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
By fashion police I mean those with the power to give out tickets to people that are dressed very slovenly or intentionally showing off their goods. Now I realize most would consider it wrong to dictate and have laws about that kind of stuff, but honestly sometimes I see people wearing (or not wearing) stuff that drives me crazy and wish I could give them a ticket.

Such as guys that wear their pants low and their boxers are hanging out, or, in the case of when I was at the mall the other day I sat down, was eating and these three girls sat right across from me with their backs turned and not that I wanted to, but you could see their "whale tails" very visibly. Call me a fascist/communist or whatever but what I wouldn't give to have been able to go over to them and hand them a fine for like $50 and tell them to buy properly fitting pants and keep them up.
Horrible idea. Stalin, Hitler, Jim Jones, and the Quiverfell cult probably would have liked it, but not us regular REAL Americans who take pride in our Freedoms.

Horrible idea. The solution is to just look away.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:25 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,161,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Me too, lol, before I knew I tend to say many things

Guys does this too.

And not all even use underwear!

Why would anyone want to show their bare arse to strangers? Why?

Could someone friendly person who walks out with shining bare butt explain why you want us to see your butt crack? We know that is where the poo is coming. This is my pooper?

Why?
They do it because (seriously) they think it is "sexy" and "cool". It started with some celebrities (Christina Aguilera is one I remember) and then it trickled down to the masses. It didn't look so fashionable after a while when the "regular" people did it so the celebrities stopped wearing that style and now you don't see anyone wearing that low-rise pant thong look that much anymore, thank goodness, unless they were just behind the times! Well, some guys do wear thongs, too, that's true because I saw it on a TV show once for a comedy, but made me think that it is a fashion item for some guys. For some reason, it would be less ugly if people didn't wear any underwear with pants as long as their butt crack didn't show, but the thong (whale tail) that sticks out is just plain stomach turning gross. The whole low rise pant style is pretty revealing, too by itself - even if someone was not wearing thongs and they bent down to examine the bottom shelf at a store their whole backside (crack and all!) is showing and I really think that some of these women/or men do not know what they are showing to the rest of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty