Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:55 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
To me all of the fake LVs walking around is the only thing that cheapens the product. It kind of bothers me that as much as LV cost there are so many fakes that look pretty much identical to the real ones IMO. I paid a lot of money for my LV & I like it but part of the reason I haven't rushed out to get another is b/c of all of the fakes that are walking about. In NYC its like every other person has a fake LV. I have other quality handbags some thatr I got on slae but the aren't devalued IMO b/c everyone & their mama isn't sporting a fake copy.
More annoying is when people have the nerve to ask if it's real. Counterfeiting has always been a problem with luxury bands.

I bought my husband a LV wallet...talk about a babe magnet! Young
female clerks and waitresses who wouldn't give him the time of day, change their tune when he takes out his wallet! We get such a kick out of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 09:50 AM

253 posts, read 1,106,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
More annoying is when people have the nerve to ask if it's real. Counterfeiting has always been a problem with luxury bands.

I bought my husband a LV wallet...talk about a babe magnet! Young
female clerks and waitresses who wouldn't give him the time of day, change their tune when he takes out his wallet! We get such a kick out of that.
You are too funny!

Old 01-29-2008, 11:48 AM

302 posts, read 921,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
While I think Louis Vitton makes a beautiful product, and their luggage is actually my favorite, I have never been drawn to buy one simply because that logo bag of theirs is 'so IN your face.' As is the Coach with the Cs all over, or Gucci's with their design, and even sometimes, Chanel.

I much prefer a good look in a well-made handbag, that is much more understated.
I get your point. That's why I like older Coach bags (and a few of the ones that they sell now as well), because the logos weren't so overt. I like that the only distinguishing factor of my bags, well unless you're some purse aficionado , are their quality, and perhaps catching a glimpse of the Coach tag. Today, it's a little too "look at me, look at me, I have a Coach bag!" for my taste. Not that the bags aren't attractive, but I can easily do without all those logos.

Same thing with the current Dooney & Bourke, and the LV bags. I especially despise those multi-colored ones, they just....no, I can't deal with them. The only LV in my place is a piece of luggage, and trust me, it's been around for a LONG time. LOL

Old 02-05-2008, 07:25 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,198,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
To me all of the fake LVs walking around is the only thing that cheapens the product. It kind of bothers me that as much as LV cost there are so many fakes that look pretty much identical to the real ones IMO. I paid a lot of money for my LV & I like it but part of the reason I haven't rushed out to get another is b/c of all of the fakes that are walking about. In NYC its like every other person has a fake LV. I have other quality handbags some thatr I got on slae but the aren't devalued IMO b/c everyone & their mama isn't sporting a fake copy.
Just remember, it's what you like that counts, not what other people might think. Also, you can always tell a knock off from a real Louis because the trim and handles of the fakes are not leather so they do not get darker with age like real leather. The fakes trim and handles are always light colored like the day they were purchased. That gives me comfort!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:45 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
Just remember, it's what you like that counts, not what other people might think. Also, you can always tell a knock off from a real Louis because the trim and handles of the fakes are not leather so they do not get darker with age like real leather. The fakes trim and handles are always light colored like the day they were purchased. That gives me comfort!
Re the fakes. I was wearing my newest shoe purchase the other day, some Coach flats. I actually had someone ask if they were fake UM, NO!!!! I just looked at her and asked politely where on earth she had found FAKE Coach shoes for sale???

My middle school daughter has a fake LV. For her that is FINE. I would not DARE let a child carry a REAL LV especially to MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!!

Old 02-05-2008, 03:50 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times
I used to only wear Coach purses and always had 6-10 in circulation. Now even 10 year olds have them (ok my 6th grader has 2 ) and I no longer feel they have the high quality they once did. But I still love Coach boots, I bought really lovely ones this winter!
As far as handbags, I am loving Cole Haan nowadays, and sometimes Michael Kors. Stylish, understanted, high quality leather, everything Coach USED to be!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:12 PM

302 posts, read 921,926 times
My niece, who is 9, had the good nerve to ask for a Coach bag. I do feel bad for laughing at a 9 year old, but it was funny. She'll get one...in about a decade.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:44 AM

54 posts, read 200,770 times
Probably about 3 or 4. I tend to get obsessed with 1 or 2 bags and wear those all the time. I am pretty much over Coach though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty