Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 04:13 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post

...my gentleman greeter...
Well, that's a new one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 04:22 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,228,022 times
:d
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmsn4life View Post
well, that's a new one.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:32 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,655,549 times
Waxing is highly individual. For me, it hurst, but not unbearably, but also it doesn't last that long.

For your lip, do electrolysis, not waxing.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:00 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHeart22 View Post
Ok, so new direction to this thread. A lot of you have mentioned the pain factor.

That aside, is it worth it? Does it look nice? Does it last awhile?
For me, not really. My hair grows fast, so smoothly shaven legs last maybe 24 hours. Nair will last a couple days and waxing less than a week. I know it works very well for some hair types, but not mine. If it lasted a month or so I might do it, but I don't have the budget. I get pedicures once or twice a year; it would be something like that. The pain isn't so bad in my opinion, a quick very hot flash and then they press and it is over. I had had my legs done before, though, and I knew what to expect. The first time I had my legs done, I said a few involuntary words to the very understanding waxer.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:03 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,723,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I have done it before many times. I don't do it anymore. I just shave my naughty bits close. I don't have problems with itching or irritation, probably because I've done this for years. Waxing hurts. A lot. But it only hurts a minute when she pulls the strips off. My aesthetician used ice before she applied the strip, but I don't think that helped much. The main thing I didn't like about doing it was not the pain, but the fact that you have to let the hair grow out considerably before you can get it redone so the strips can grab it again, and since the whole point of waxing it to be smooth and hair free, that defeated the purpose in my view. So I use clippers plus a razor, save money, and it's more convenient and not painful Oh, and as for a lip wax, I hate that even more than bikini wax. It hurts ten times worse, IMO. Your lips are the second most sensitive part of your body (right up there with your fingers), so if hair on your upper lip is a problem, I suggest you bleach, not wax the hair. Have fun! Not.

That is what I do for my bikini stuff. Well actually I shave everything and just do it almost every day and it is simple as pie and doing it daily leaves no redness and bumps. I used to do the "big summer thing" and had all the associated lumps and itchy stuff so I was reluctant at first. Now I'm free and easy and never looked back

Old 05-19-2015, 05:04 PM

3,262 posts, read 4,997,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
I use pant swimsuits and swimsuit skirts, no waxing, no pain!
Bikini wax hurts like a SOB. Not gonna do that again.

I haven't done laser hair removal, but one basic rule I've heard about it is, it works best if you have fair skin and dark hair, and you have to have multiple treatments to get all the hair. So it's expensive.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:38 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,201,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You're the first one to mention her BF. OP never did.
Um, yes she did. Regardless, body hair removal is:

1) A pain
2) Expensive

Think of all that time you could spend doing something more interesting, like calculus or programming.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:53 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,981,918 times
OMG - this thread, it makes me sick to my stomach imagining the pain you ladies have to go through! I've said it before, and I will say it again - screw the bikini, wear little shorts instead, and leave your hair and save yourself some pain! Hair isn't a bad thing; causing yourself pain to wear what someone calls trendy beach clothing is kind of ridiculous.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:09 PM

4,199 posts, read 4,450,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Well, that's a new one.
ROFL Well, she's discriminating in a good way... "Gentleman" and not a "Rogue or Cad Greeter"

Somehow a classic Warner Brothers cartoon parody of Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men" comes to mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JlVqfC8-UI

Old 05-19-2015, 07:51 PM

221 posts, read 318,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
screw the bikini, wear little shorts instead, and leave your hair and save yourself some pain! Hair isn't a bad thing; causing yourself pain to wear what someone calls trendy beach clothing is kind of ridiculous.
It's not just about the hair. I've always been somewhat overweight and this last year I started working REALLY hard to eat well and exercise. I've lost weight, toned up a lot, and want to show off all the hard work I've been doing! For the first time I'm going to feel comfortable and confident in whatever suit I want. I don't want hair sticking out in undesirable places to lessen that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty