Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 08:10 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
Well, seeing somebody like this annoys me. Actually, more like disturbs me. How will anybody ever take him seriously again after what he's done to himself?

Extreme Body Modification: Joe Miggler, 23, Modifies Body With Holes In Cheeks And A Split Tongue

Not your concern what anyone does with their body and why would you care if someone takes him seriously or not in the future?
Does his life interfere with yours? Do his piercings or body modifications interfere with your life?
If not what you think has no impact on him or his life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 08:20 AM

733 posts, read 853,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Based on your posting history, perhaps a good therapist can make you understand that none of these things that you come here to complain about are worthy of your time or attention.
That's not your call. Geez.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:21 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
That's not your call. Geez.

She asked for advice. *shrugs*

Old 05-20-2015, 08:26 AM

733 posts, read 853,454 times
Quote:
She asked for advice. *shrugs*
She asked for advice about her situation.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:42 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,237,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minougirl View Post

Mind you, I come from a punk rock family, who shaved my head and forced me to go to school with a mohawk and full "hardcore regalia" for years. My dad pierced my septum when I was 6 as well. I come from a liberal, anarchist background. So it would seem that I would identify with the "alternative appearance" crowd more but I just don't get it. Can anyone help me understand?
This explains it. To you, normality is rebellion. You're still rebelling, just as you were raised to do by your liberal anarchist background, but you're rebelling against rebellion!

Old 05-20-2015, 08:45 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
She asked for advice about her situation.

But is it actually a "situation"? It's about how she feels about other people.

Much like one of her other threads:

//www.city-data.com/forum/philo...l-brothel.html

I was just making an observation that these things she is feeling are not worth her time stressing over, and possibly talking with someone could alleviate that stressor.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:23 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
But is it actually a "situation"? It's about how she feels about other people.

Much like one of her other threads:

//www.city-data.com/forum/philo...l-brothel.html

I was just making an observation that these things she is feeling are not worth her time stressing over, and possibly talking with someone could alleviate that stressor.
This is like a soap opera. I read the title, read the first sentence, and started cracking up. I've got to turn this thing off and do something more productive today...although it IS entertaining.

No, no....must do work. Just.....go.....to.....work.....entertainment will still be here.....you bad influence.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:01 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,077,804 times
People do as people wish. Much of it is a cry for attention, or help.

Go ahead, get the tats, or purple hair, or rings in your nose. You stand out like a couple of standard deviations, which is the objective, no?

Just don't be surprised when you end up packing fries or operating a leaf blower part time.

Whether it is fair or not, people judge the book by its cover.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:02 AM

74 posts, read 103,181 times
For fun. Believe it or not, fashion is an art. Art is a hobby. Hobbies are fun.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:11 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minougirl View Post
What's the point of going through the trouble to dye your hair, get a bunch of facial piercings, tattoos, etc.? I don't understand why people feel motivated enough to do so. It seems like a desperate cry for attention. People can do what they want. Some people say it's a way of "expressing themselves", but all this really expresses in my opinion is "I went through this trouble to look odd...so look at me!" And in some neighbourhoods, this is so common that it can't be attributed to a desire to be unique. What's so great about looking unique anyway?

Mind you, I come from a punk rock family, who shaved my head and forced me to go to school with a mohawk and full "hardcore regalia" for years. My dad pierced my septum when I was 6 as well. I come from a liberal, anarchist background. So it would seem that I would identify with the "alternative appearance" crowd more but I just don't get it. Can anyone help me understand?

thats child abuse and i have a problem with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty