Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 03:55 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'd recommend that you adhere to the same grooming standards if this is an expectation of yours, naturally.

OMG there's nothing worse than an unkept guy. I only had it once and I immediately asked him to leave my apartment, lol

Old 06-02-2015, 04:00 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
I shave, it's a habit that my husband got me into as a teenager, lol

Most recently though....
I met a Greek guy who is insanely hot-
seriously unbelievably good looking & an entepreneur who's quite a bit younger than me, lol

He pleaded w/ me to NOT shave.

How is it that some men enjoy & prefer the polar opposite of most?

Old 06-02-2015, 04:02 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
I'd hand him a fresh razor and tell him to hit the showers
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
OMG there's nothing worse than an unkept guy. I only had it once and I immediately asked him to leave my apartment, lol

Old 06-02-2015, 04:32 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I just asked my daughter if she knew anyone who shaved their arms, and she said only one person and that the girl regretted it after a while because her hair did come back in thicker.

My best friend in high school shaved the the light hair that grew underneath her navel because she thought it was abnormal. The hair grew back in thicker and black. There wasn't more hair, just each individual hair was thicker and much darker. My sister did the same thing, and she now plucks out those hairs.
When you shave off hair that is just starting to grow, you shave off the thin beginnings of the hair shaft and then as it grows out you see the thicker more mature hair shaft. Which would be right where it is, as it is, regardless if you shave the initial hair or not.

Plucking hair *does* tend to make it come back thicker and stronger.

Electrolysis or laser treatment are the only ways to get rid of hair permanently.

Old 06-02-2015, 04:51 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
When you shave off hair that is just starting to grow, you shave off the thin beginnings of the hair shaft and then as it grows out you see the thicker more mature hair shaft. Which would be right where it is, as it is, regardless if you shave the initial hair or not.

Plucking hair *does* tend to make it come back thicker and stronger.

Electrolysis or laser treatment are the only ways to get rid of hair permanently.
Plucking hair doesn't make it come back thicker or stronger. If you pluck regularly enough, the hairs will stop growing completely. That's why many women now have resorted to eyebrow tattoos. Overplucking results in - no more eyebrows.

Pulling hair out by the root does the same thing, on the scalp. Some women with trichotillomania stop growing hair in the spots where they pull, and end up with bald spots for the rest of their lives.

Old 06-02-2015, 04:59 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
When women started shaving their private areas, I found it to be a turn on, but now that women have been doing that for a bunch of years, the novelty is over and I kinda dig some hair below. Also, one day a French girl came into work and when she raised her arm her armpits were unshaven, and I have to admit that also was a little bit of a turn on......she was kinda natural.

But as for not shaving legs, forget it. I hate having stubbly legs wrapped around me.

Don

Old 06-02-2015, 05:18 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
Gross. Im sorry as a guy Im not going out with a girl who doesnt shave.
Yet many guys feel no need to shave anything at all themselves, including their faces. And beards that are poorly groomed become a nasty, gnarly looking bird's nest that collects all sorts of food particles and I don't even want to think of what all else Curious.

As for myself, I shave lower legs about twice a week, thighs every other week, pits every other day. I'm prone to ingrown hairs, and the more often I shave, the worse they get. Oddly enough, I shave my lady bits as well, but that doesn't bother me at all, and I never get ingrown there.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:58 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I shave everything except for my arms. Do people actually shave their arms? I've never heard of that. My arm hair is so light I'd be terrified it would come back dark causing an ape-like appearance.

Edited to add I don't touch my eyebrows. I've never had issues with them so no plucking for this girl! And I'm Irish so no mustache for me.
Uhmmmmm....shaving doesn't change the color of your hair or make it come in heavier or make it come in coarser. If you shave the rest of your body why haven't you seen all that come in dark?

Old 06-02-2015, 08:04 PM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
As far as I've always been concerned, it's like hitting the jackpot whenever a woman is willing to get naked for me, so I've never been fazed by body hair.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:08 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I always shave my under-arms, and don't understand why others don't. I don't care how clean someone tries to be, bacteria still collects in there and makes it harder to avoid stink.

I do avoid shaving my legs during the winter, though. I wear pants only during that season. If I want to wear a dress or skirt for an occasion then I will either shave or wear black hose.

As for the 'southern regions', I don't want to look like a child.
That's me exactly! Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-03-2015 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: Circumventing language filter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty