Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 12:39 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Absolutely.

I think 50 plus skin usually does require the "less is more" look - all year, not just in the summer. The BB cream I use is so lightweight it's more like a tinted moisturizer and that's the way I like it.
I'm nowhere near 50, but I definitely feel that less is more is required as skin ages, and that skin care goes a lot further than skin camouflage. At most, I'll use a dusting of translucent powder over my colorless moisturizer if any skin-tone evening is necessary. Even tinted moisturizer is too masklike for me. I have very pale, porcelain skin, and even the lightest commercial tints are too dark and unnatural looking. Every BB cream I've ever tried has been too dark, and too heavy-feeling. Traditional foundation, ugh, forget it. Might as well be putting frosting or spackle on my skin. I can't tolerate the feel whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 12:48 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'm nowhere near 50, but I definitely feel that less is more is required as skin ages, and that skin care goes a lot further than skin camouflage. At most, I'll use a dusting of translucent powder over my colorless moisturizer if any skin-tone evening is necessary. Even tinted moisturizer is too masklike for me. I have very pale, porcelain skin, and even the lightest commercial tints are too dark and unnatural looking. Every BB cream I've ever tried has been too dark, and too heavy-feeling. Traditional foundation, ugh, forget it. Might as well be putting frosting or spackle on my skin. I can't tolerate the feel whatsoever.

I used to feel that way, too until I found the right foundation. Now, I feel weird when I leave the house without it - even in this hot and humid climate.

I have never heard of BB cream until this thread.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:50 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
It was originally an Asian staple beauty product, which the U.S. market began co-opting a few years ago. It's basically right in between lightly tinted moisturizer and full foundation, in coverage and texture, and supposedly has skincare products built in, depending on the line. Most have SPF.

It's too heavy for me.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:04 PM

2,026 posts, read 334,060 times
It's pure hell out here in VA--we are having a heck of a heat wave. VA isn't too keen with the humidity either, it's like a walking sauna the past few weeks. 97 today, no wind, high humidity = miserable me.

I wear foundation and powder (used to wear the whole deal: eyeliner, eyeshadow BUT that was when it was cold and no sweat happened) and also wear blush. I wear Mac and it's on the heavier side; tends to melt off and it looks gross by the end of the day. I wouldn't wear makeup but I have acne and have acne scars and am extremely self-conscious about it, so.. long live the makeup. Call me when oily skin isn't a thing anymore

Old 06-15-2015, 02:05 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It was originally an Asian staple beauty product, which the U.S. market began co-opting a few years ago. It's basically right in between lightly tinted moisturizer and full foundation, in coverage and texture, and supposedly has skincare products built in, depending on the line. Most have SPF.

It's too heavy for me.
Everything is too heavy for me anymore, which is why I very rarely wear anything on y face other than a dab of gel blush and a bit of concealer to blend in a few pigmented spots. I have a very sheer foundation that I occasionally wear for special things (like when I perform bellydance) and it is made by L'Oreal called true-match. It is almost like a tinted moisturizer. But I live in Florida, and even at 65 have somewhat oily skin so I prefer to go bare. I am tan most of the time anyway and don't need anything.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:27 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,260,404 times
I had never heard of BB cream either! Thanks for educating me!

I'm so intrigued, I've made a new post asking for advice on a product that would be good for me. It's here: //www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...l#post40033937

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocopsonite View Post
I had never heard of BB cream either! Thanks for educating me!

I'm so intrigued, I've made a new post asking for advice on a product that would be good for me. It's here: //www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...l#post40033937

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Cool! I'll lurk, if you don't mind. And love the title.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:48 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
One piece of advice ladies. Please don't wear makeup to the squat rack. It just looks silly.

Seriously, I ain't looking unless it's over 90 lb.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:12 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
One piece of advice ladies. Please don't wear makeup to the squat rack. It just looks silly.

Seriously, I ain't looking unless it's over 90 lb.
I got to the gym directly after work. Literally could not care less if a boy (because a man wouldn't care) is squeamish that my mascara is running.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I got to the gym directly after work. Literally could not care less if a boy (because a man wouldn't care) is squeamish that my mascara is running.
I would be more worried about acne. All of that sweat with makeup clogging my pores. No thanks.

They make those makeup remover towelettes for that reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty