Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 07:31 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
It shows how much you care when you have rivers of black makeup streaming down from your eyes. That's my best guess.
You've been watching too many "Real Housewives..." shows - women don't cry like that in real life...well, maybe if they're high school drama queens...or being filmed for tv.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 07:31 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
There is no reason to wear eye makeup on any occasion. As an ophthalmic technican, I can't tell you how many women I've seen that have come into my office directly as a result of wearing ancient gross mascara (don't do that), sharing mascara with their BFFs, (don't do it ladies), using their eye makeup tools as daggers (let's try another hobby), and having their eye makeup run into their eyes and causing infections or corneal abrasions from them rubbing their eyes so much due to the resulting irritation. This is one time women should ditch the vanity and show those baby blues, browns, and greens au naturale
When worn properly, makeup is not a problem.

With the problems you listed above, the problems are old makeup, shared makeup, rubbing eyes (which no one is supposed to do) ... proper makeup usage isn't the issue.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:30 PM

2,442 posts, read 2,866,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I'm sure there are those that do as you say (idiots... don't even know what you mean about using makeup tools as daggers) - but I've NEVER had an eye problem and I've worn eye makeup (not everyday of course, I don't if I don't go out) - for forty years.
I have never had a problem with it either and I have been wearing eye makeup for almost 50 years; been wearing it every day since a "nice" kid on the bus to camp told me I was funny looking because my eyes are so small and my nose and mouth are big . I got a doctor's note so I could stay out of the pool and not ruin my makeup. It's just part of my routine now and the only ones who ever see me without it are my family and the people at the gym in the morning .

Old 06-28-2015, 08:33 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
On the rare occasion that I wear eye makeup, I without exception use inexpensive drug store mascara and liner brands (usually Revlon, L'Oreal, and Physicians Formula), never dept. store makeup counter brands or high-end cosmetics.

I've never had an issue with any waterproof formula in any of the above running. I have dry eyes/allergies, so my eyes tend to water quite a bit certain times of the year, but I've never experienced waterproof eyeliner or mascara that didn't work as it was supposed to.

I've also never experienced an eye infection.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:55 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
There is no reason to wear eye makeup on any occasion. As an ophthalmic technican, I can't tell you how many women I've seen that have come into my office directly as a result of wearing ancient gross mascara (don't do that), sharing mascara with their BFFs, (don't do it ladies), using their eye makeup tools as daggers (let's try another hobby), and having their eye makeup run into their eyes and causing infections or corneal abrasions from them rubbing their eyes so much due to the resulting irritation. This is one time women should ditch the vanity and show those baby blues, browns, and greens au naturale
I think I'll take my chances.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:03 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I don't care how wealthy they are. If their waterproof mascara is running down their faces, they're using the cheap stuff.
Some incredibly expensive mascaras aren't waterproof.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:16 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I don't care how wealthy they are. If their waterproof mascara is running down their faces, they're using the cheap stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Some incredibly expensive mascaras aren't waterproof.
Apex is talking specifically about waterproof mascara. I agree with her. If your waterproof mascara runs, it must be some cheapo stuff.

I've been wearing mascara since I was in 7th or 8th grade, when my mom suggested it. I'm a natural blonde, and my eyelashes and eyebrows are blonde and don't show up at all unless I color them with mascara and eyebrow shaper. I've worn mascara every day of my life, with only a handful of exceptions, for about 45 years and never once had a problem with it harming my eyes.

I like wearing eye makeup because without it my eyes are very nondescript. With makeup, they look nice.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:08 PM

412 posts, read 545,368 times
I love wearing eyeliner the make my eyes stand out. I think it's really pretty. I don't care about mascara since my eyelashes are already super long.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:11 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
My lashes are really long, but they're also really blonde. Darkening them changes my appearance significantly. Sometimes I bother with it, sometimes I don't. Depends on my mood and inclination.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:17 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
I dab anyway, because if I rub my eyes they will get even puffier and red from rubbing. I have to rub my lashes daily because I have blepharitis... so I am used to rubbing. But NOT when I am crying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty