Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 05:04 AM

79 posts, read 458,503 times

Advertisements

Hello from the UK,

I'm a permanent Cosmetic consultant in the UK, I have loads of friends in the States/Alaska/New Zealand?Australia etc etc, who also offer these tratments.

They are all the very best in their field of work and some of the girls even teach Permanent Makeup.

This treament has changed soooooo much over the last 10yrs

You do have to check out you technician for qualifications and
see the work that they have done prior to you booking up with them.

Never go for the cheapest technician, ask why they are so cheap?

Other interesting things about PMU:
Eyeliner can be done in a sharp line, soft subtle line, smoky or even a 2 /3 clour combination.

Lips, you can have a lipliner, a lip blend(soft liner blended into your lips for a soft subtle colour boost to enhance your natural lipline) or a full lip colour tint that fills the entire lip and soft blended colours of your choice are added to the lip.

Brows, treatments are fantastic for people who have suffered from hair loss due to illness, or for those who have over plucked and need a definate brow shape to frame their face. You can have the older tecnique of powdered brows or the new Hair Stroke brows, that mimic real hair growth.

How long will it last, It depends on what coulr suits you(if you are fair and choose a sunny blonde for brows then it will last you 1yr to 18months max, if you are of darker skin and can carry a dark pigmented coulour on your brows they will last upto 5yrs(the darker the pigment the longer it will last)

Is it safe and cross contamination free? there are many machines on the market, we in the UK are banned from using some of the older pieces of equipment(in the US thre are still the old sorts available and in working order)
I would chose a tech who has a safe and clean standard in her clinic, that protects her handpiece from cross contamination(with a cover), and uses needles that are disposable or have been steralized fully.
you will have a test patch at least 48hrs prior to treatment, this is to check that you are suitable for the treatment.
you will have a consultaion, I know for sure that they are very strick in the US on this department.

You will chose the colour and style that most suits you.

Permanet Cosmetics and semi permanent makeup?????
Permanet cosmetics is the correct way (legal) in the US
the reason why is this, the pigment(colour) can stay in the skin for upto 5yrs, the product will lose it's colour and fade over time, the colour free pigment will remain in the skin forever(you will not see it after complete fade).

find a tech that has many years experience you will have the best natural enhancements.

Moderator cut: no advertising please

GinnyGin UK

Last edited by jeannie216; 02-07-2008 at 02:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 05:59 AM

969 posts, read 2,851,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyGin View Post
Hello from the UK,

I'm a permanent Cosmetic consultant in the UK, I have loads of friends in the States/Alaska/New Zealand?Australia etc etc, who also offer these tratments.

They are all the very best in their field of work and some of the girls even teach Permanent Makeup.

This treament has changed soooooo much over the last 10yrs

You do have to check out you technician for qualifications and
see the work that they have done prior to you booking up with them.

Never go for the cheapest technician, ask why they are so cheap?

Other interesting things about PMU:
Eyeliner can be done in a sharp line, soft subtle line, smoky or even a 2 /3 clour combination.

Lips, you can have a lipliner, a lip blend(soft liner blended into your lips for a soft subtle colour boost to enhance your natural lipline) or a full lip colour tint that fills the entire lip and soft blended colours of your choice are added to the lip.

Brows, treatments are fantastic for people who have suffered from hair loss due to illness, or for those who have over plucked and need a definate brow shape to frame their face. You can have the older tecnique of powdered brows or the new Hair Stroke brows, that mimic real hair growth.

How long will it last, It depends on what coulr suits you(if you are fair and choose a sunny blonde for brows then it will last you 1yr to 18months max, if you are of darker skin and can carry a dark pigmented coulour on your brows they will last upto 5yrs(the darker the pigment the longer it will last)

Is it safe and cross contamination free? there are many machines on the market, we in the UK are banned from using some of the older pieces of equipment(in the US thre are still the old sorts available and in working order)
I would chose a tech who has a safe and clean standard in her clinic, that protects her handpiece from cross contamination(with a cover), and uses needles that are disposable or have been steralized fully.
you will have a test patch at least 48hrs prior to treatment, this is to check that you are suitable for the treatment.
you will have a consultaion, I know for sure that they are very strick in the US on this department.

You will chose the colour and style that most suits you.

Permanet Cosmetics and semi permanent makeup?????
Permanet cosmetics is the correct way (legal) in the US
the reason why is this, the pigment(colour) can stay in the skin for upto 5yrs, the product will lose it's colour and fade over time, the colour free pigment will remain in the skin forever(you will not see it after complete fade).

find a tech that has many years experience you will have the best natural enhancements.

Moderator cut: advertising

GinnyGin UK
WOW - fantastic information - thanks for taking the time!

Last edited by jeannie216; 02-07-2008 at 03:47 PM..

Old 01-28-2008, 06:27 AM

134 posts, read 495,254 times
Hi GinnyGin! Yes, thanks for the information!!! Hey, maybe those of us interested in having permanent make-up should just get on a plane and come and see you!!! That would be great!

Joycie

Old 01-28-2008, 03:35 PM

Default Pmu

Hello to all,

Thank you for you warm welcome

Funny you should say that, I'm in the process of buying a vacation home in LV. I have contacts in LV that I will pester untill they agree to give me a foot in the door.
It's very hard to get into the US but with a property in the city, and business skills i'm sure i will be given a pass oneday. I have alot more to do in business in the UK before I sell up.

without a dream, what's left to aim for

GinnyGin UK

Any questions please feel free to ask, I will try my best.

Last edited by jeannie216; 02-07-2008 at 03:48 PM..

Old 01-28-2008, 03:43 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,604,187 times
Ginny where in the UK are you ??

Old 01-29-2008, 08:13 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,563,434 times
Had it done maybe about 12 or more years ago on my eyes, lips and brows. Love it. Would do it again in a heartbeat!
Seeking someone who is GREAT to retouch it now, but, since I am in the Quad Cities at the Iowa/Illlinois border, will probably wait until I get to Dallas or Las Vegas. Should be some old hands at it there.
But love it. Do it.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:53 AM

35 posts, read 218,229 times
I had my eyebrows and lip line done about 4 years ago and regret it. I wish it had faded as seems to be the case for others, but nope! The eyebrow color has "changed" (taken on a light reddish-brown hue) and I've been told it needs a "touch up", but I'll just wait it out and see if one day it disappears!

The lip line turned out awful, so I use the 8-hour lip tint to hide the lip line, lol! (Yes, it's an oxymoron!). I wish I'd known about the permanent make-up 'artists' as described in a previous post, but c'est la vie...

Old 02-07-2008, 01:16 PM

Wink Pmu

Hi,

I deal with problems daily, these issues are common. It saddens me that people have had such bad experiences with bad technician skills and their poor pigment choices.

Techs need a keen eye for skin tones
warmer skin tones need more cooler based pigments
cooler tones need warmer based pigments

if these are not matched, the pigment will fade into a poor colour

E.G Brows:
If warm based pigments was used in warm skin tones, when they fade they will have either a halo of red/copper or reddish brown shade to the brow.

If a cool pigment was used in a cool skin type the brows will turn grey and very ashy in time.

However....
This is not alway's the case, it can also depend on lifestyle and UV exsposure.

Lips:

We all have some blue/cool base to our skin, some more that others.
the lips are very blue based and if a cooler colour like plums and deep pinks were used without a drop of warm base to them like peachy or orange, they will turn deeper darker and even a tinge of blue in later years.

Check out your tech.

They should always ask questions about your natural hair colour and skin type to help them decide what colours will suit you best now and later when they start to fade.

Some can be corrected, but there is never a guarantee how the colour will settle after.
brows that turn reddish or salmon colour, a droplet of cool added to them to tone down that red glow.

Pigments: there are good and bad brands in every product we buy, it's the same.
Things are much better now than many year ago, the pigments are designed to fade in time.

If your not sure, I chat to the US every day and know of many good techs that travel the US teaching and shows etc.

Good Luck, don't give up just yet

Girls never ever walk into the first tech that will offer you the world in tattooing, check them out and others in the area.
Never go for the cheapest, ask why they are so cheap?
check that they are clean and clinical
Check out the portfolio
search the web
ask them what colours they are using, and why?

When your techs good your PMU will be natural and beautyiful

GinnyGin UK
Aesthetic Consultant

Last edited by jeannie216; 02-07-2008 at 03:50 PM..

Old 02-10-2008, 12:29 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,105,115 times
My sister had it done a few years ago. She had her eye brows, eyeliner and lip liner done. It was done VERY heavily! Talk about the "mommy dearest" look. Wow. It has seemed to fade a liitle bit over the years but her eye brows are something else. She is very regretful now for having it done. I had eyeliner put on a couple years ago. It was one of the most frightening experiences of my life! Plus in my case it was a waste of money. Right after it was done, it looked good. But a few days later it just flaked away. So none of the tattoo was left. You are supposed to go for a second application but it just wasn't worth going through fear again. So I didn't go. Maybe it would have lasted if I had. Just make sure you get someone experienced. Please don't have it done heavy. You will probably regret it. Good luck. :-)

Old 02-11-2008, 02:31 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
I have permanent eyeliner and I love it. I have it on the tops from the inner corner to just the ends of my lashes. I don't have the little 'tails' or 'wings' on the outer corners because as you age and your eyes droop, so do your 'wings'. I also have it on the lower, very lightly from the inside corners where my lashes start to the outer corners where my lashes end. I still have to use a pencil to do my corners with, but it takes much, much less time. Before I had this done it was taking me almost an hour to do eyeliner alone! I can't see very well up close anymore and it was because of that, applying makeup was becoming such a chore. I was getting up 3 hours early every morning to make sure I had plenty of time to put my makeup on and get out of the house on time. I absolutely do not regret having this done. It's one of the better things I've done in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty