Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about my feet?
They're hot! 3 7.14%
Pretty toes 9 21.43%
ugly 15 35.71%
They look disgusting! 15 35.71%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 08:13 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Dont ever come to Florida...

People in general have nicer feet here because theyre forced to. When its 95 degrees and 90% humidity, you dont wear shoes.
or we are barefoot half the time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 08:26 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,950,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Seriously?

A "Quality Woman", oh please, what a crock of poo.
Are you saying there aren't any? Or just that you don't know any?

For once, try not to be negative, 'kay?

Old 07-07-2015, 09:03 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
No man should ever wear these hideous things. Even on the beach, they look feminine and silly.
Are you one of those people who wears sneakers at the beach? Unless it is a rocky beach, wearing sneakers at the beach is ridiculous looking. Nothing worse at the beach than seeing some guy walking around in jeans and closed shoes.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:31 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,950,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Are you one of those people who wears sneakers at the beach? Unless it is a rocky beach, wearing sneakers at the beach is ridiculous looking. Nothing worse at the beach than seeing some guy walking around in jeans and closed shoes.
I absolutely think that a sandy beach in the Summer calls for some type of foot gear to prevent burning the soles of one's feet. Sneakers aren't really the call because once you get sand in those suckers you're never going to get all the grit out. So, yes, flip-flops would be acceptable.

It doesn't sound like the OP is talking about ON the beach. He just wants to know if women would turn him down because he was wearing F-Fs rather than some other style of footwear.

Now I'm certainly not what you would call a "girl" although I was at one time. I think of myself as a woman and I wouldn't judge anyone by their footwear alone; if he had the other qualities I was looking for in a guy, I'd get to know him well enough to take him shoe-shopping.

Fortunately, OP, I'm well-past the looking-to-hook-up stage so wear whatever you want - just don't blame me if you're going home alone every night.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:46 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,881,015 times
I used to wear sandals all the time being carefree until someone mentioned what you did and I started noticing all the other men who wear them. I agree it is not a good look (more like a really bad look) and it has nothing to do with how nice your feet are. I now only wear it to the beach and for going outside real quick. Ankle socks and throwing on some sneakers is almost just as quick. Feet getting too hot in sneakers during the summer is not an issue, and this from someone who wore sandals year round when possible.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:50 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,710,507 times
I'm one of those people who think flipflops are fine for the beach and maybe to run some quick errands, but not for everyday all day....But that's just me.

If you are going to insist on wearing them, keep your feet clean and nice looking. Use lotion! Crusty feet are just gross.

Last edited by mlj1225; 07-07-2015 at 10:44 AM..

Old 07-07-2015, 09:50 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
I dont like feet, hate my own and dont like men in any sort of sandals.. socks or no socks.. their gross.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:39 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,557 times
I'll wear flip flops out on the deck drinking a beer with my dog Thunder, but that's as far as it goes.

My canvas wrap a round's are cool any where's (no socks)

In or out of the water, my warm water dive boots, lightweight and easy to wear, looks great too.

Last edited by Knightly Knight; 07-07-2015 at 11:59 AM..

Old 07-07-2015, 12:21 PM

389 posts, read 692,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibal44 View Post
I ask this question because when I wear sandals to college my friends say that it is not attractive to women see a man in flip-flops. They say that my feet are ugly . is that true ?

Be sincere

I really like to use flip flops but if that's bad to pick up women i won't use them!

from 1 to 10?
Men's feet aren't generally my favorite sight in the world; however, other people's feet aren't on the end of their legs for my eyes to enjoy looking at and find attractive. Put whatever you want on your feet.

Old 07-07-2015, 01:47 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,539,560 times
You have cute feet OP no worries on that. however i'm gonna have to just say no to the footwear (I picture girls scampering around the beach with those kind of flip flops on - i'm a girl btw)

There are plenty of men's stylish sandals, I always see them in Aldo, Macy's, etc

even these would be an upgrade, less than $50 at Aldo:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty