Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 10:32 AM

2,023 posts, read 3,239,275 times

Advertisements

This mother looks amazing for being 52. Wow!

She claims coconut oil, sunblock, and avoiding sugar/wheat products are her secrets.

Leeds mother, 52, who looks like she's in her twenties on how she stays youthful | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 10:49 AM

22,585 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Genetics plays a HUGE role too!

Old 07-06-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Genetics plays a HUGE role too!
She mentioned that in the article.

"Mrs Jacobs, who says her mother and siblings also look younger than they really are, attributes her youthful looks to good genes, a healthy diet, lots of exercise - and plenty of coconut oil."

Old 07-06-2015, 11:07 AM

30,519 posts, read 16,213,477 times
20s? I'd say closer to 40. Still younger than 50.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:07 AM

22,585 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Yep.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:13 AM

She turns 53 next month.

I wonder if she's had fillers? She looks great regardless.....

Old 07-06-2015, 11:14 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,385,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
20s? I'd say closer to 40. Still younger than 50.
I was thinking 45.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:04 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,991 times
I just read the entire article...her health & beauty regimen is not accidental, not effortless, and is very calculated:

"DIET
Pamela, who is of South Asian origin, eats a super-healthy diet based largely on vegetables and topped up with good proteins such as salmon.

Fresh-faced: Pamela eats a daily handful of almonds and eats a vegetable-based diet
Many of the dishes she makes are Asian and are spiced up with ginger, cumin and turmeric, among others, which she says act a bit like food supplements in terms of the health benefits.
Breakfast is usually an organic boiled egg served with gluten-free toast or organic oatcakes and coconut yoghurt with fresh berries and nuts.

To finish off the meal, she has a glass of coconut water with added liquid iron, which she says is key for stopping her iron levels plummeting as she ages.

Lunch comes in the shape of a salad prepared at home in the morning and usually contains a mixture of organic spinach, kale, rocket, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, red peppers, advocado, beansprouts and sauerkraut [pickled cabbage].

Fresh basil and coriander add flavour while pumpkin and sunflower seeds add crunch. 'For protein I’ll add some Arbroath salmon, eggs or chicken and dress the salad with organic olive oil and lemon juice,' she adds.
'I also add cayenne pepper and lots of black pepper.'

Dinner is equally healthy and usually consists of a portion of organic chicken, oily fish or a lamb steak served with a 'mountain of vegetables' - broccoli and courgettes are favourites.
She also eats a daily handful of almonds, snacks on celery and houmus and limits her coffee intake to one a day.

Most of what she eats is organic and she drinks water throughout the day, usually flavoured with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.

EXERCISE
Pamela does a body conditioning class once a week and follows that with a fitness yoga session immediately afterwards.
While at the gym, she uses the sauna and steam room and does a whole body exfoliation. She also uses the time to use a hair mask - she likes Aveda's Damage Remedy.
'I’ll go in the sauna for 10 minutes then have a freezing cold shower until the water stops,' she adds.
'I love it – it makes me so feel invigorated and I’m convinced it has helped to tone my skin. Then I will have 10 minutes in the steam and repeat the cold shower.'

SKINCARE
Pamela loves Aveda's all-natural Damage Remedy range and alternates between that and the Inviati brand to keep her hair soft.
She protects her locks with Aveda's Brilliant Hair protector and gets rid of flyaways with the help of Oribe Moisturising Cream and Moroccan Oil.
Cleansing is done either with Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish ('It's reasonably priced and effective') or coconut oil.
To keep her skin in good shape, she uses Origins A Perfect World moisturiser which comes with SPF25 - a skincare essential according to Pamela.
She also uses Dermalogica Age Reversal eye cream and uses an Omorovicza deep cleansing facial mask once a week. Dermalogica's Power Recovery Mask is another favourite.

BODY CARE
Pamela moisturises her body with coconut oil twice a day and says it keeps her skin 'incredibly soft and nourished'.
She also uses a body brush before showering and prefers paraben-free shower gel brands such as Sai Sei or Faith in Nature.
Once a week, she detoxes by soaking in a bath topped up with pink Himalayan salt crystals and scrubs her feet each day while showering."

Last edited by Zelpha; 07-06-2015 at 12:15 PM..

Old 07-06-2015, 12:09 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Some people ARE very youthful...to a point. Eventually age catches up.

But with the right combination of genetics and self-care, it's definitely possible that the effects of aging are less noticeable for longer. Proper nutrition, access to quality health care/dental care, proper sleep, and proper skin care, and a capability for managing stress healthily are pretty essential.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:22 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,043 times
People don't even know what normal human looks like without botox , surgery etc.

And second there is no need to look "young"

Skin changes, that is what age supposed to do. Get over it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty