Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 11:15 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,873,667 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have a question- anyone know how I can heal the shadows and bags under my eyes? I'm to young for this, I'm 28. I think it has been caused by staying up WAY to late/ not getting enough sleep as well. What can I buy to treat these shadows and bags with to dissapear? I want a product that will actually clear it up and not just cover it up because I don't want the shadows and bags still there when I take off my makeup ya know.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 07:08 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,200,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
Hi,

I have a question- anyone know how I can heal the shadows and bags under my eyes? I'm to young for this, I'm 28. I think it has been caused by staying up WAY to late/ not getting enough sleep as well. What can I buy to treat these shadows and bags with to dissapear? I want a product that will actually clear it up and not just cover it up because I don't want the shadows and bags still there when I take off my makeup ya know.

Thank you.
May I ask how long you have noticed the shadows? Are they bluish in color or dark? Part of the reason, without knowing more, could be allergies, vitamin deficiency and lack of sleep unless you have had shadows for awhile and in that case not much can permanetly change that. Bags can be caused by too much fat in the fat pads under your eyes. Those can be surgically removed and isn't a complicated procedure. I don't know how extreme your "bags" are though. It can also be caused by allergans in the air or animal dander. Do you sneeze alot and have you had allergy problems.?

Old 02-06-2008, 08:07 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,873,667 times
Hi puffle,

I have had the shadows quite some time but it's bothering me alot more lately then it use to. They seem to have a bluish tone. I don't have any allergy problems and I don't sneeze much.
Thank you for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
May I ask how long you have noticed the shadows? Are they bluish in color or dark? Part of the reason, without knowing more, could be allergies, vitamin deficiency and lack of sleep unless you have had shadows for awhile and in that case not much can permanetly change that. Bags can be caused by too much fat in the fat pads under your eyes. Those can be surgically removed and isn't a complicated procedure. I don't know how extreme your "bags" are though. It can also be caused by allergans in the air or animal dander. Do you sneeze alot and have you had allergy problems.?

Old 02-07-2008, 06:33 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,200,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
Hi puffle,

I have had the shadows quite some time but it's bothering me alot more lately then it use to. They seem to have a bluish tone. I don't have any allergy problems and I don't sneeze much.
Thank you for your reply.
Laura Mercier has a great dual concealer compact that I love for hiding imperfections. The peachy tone is great for bluish discolorations and the neutral is good for scars or blemishes. For puffiness they make these great eye masks that you keep in the frig so you can use them at a moments notice.
My other suggestion is go to a reputable health food store and ask if they have a supplement consultant that might have answers for the bluish color under your eyes. All the best to you. Puff

Old 02-07-2008, 03:09 PM

342 posts, read 1,793,307 times
It is true that it could be due to allergies, they are called "allergic shiners." However, it doesn't sound like you are very allergic. It is hard to say without seeing them. As we age, we develop dark circles and puffiness from the loss of collagen and the prominence of the "fat pocket" under the eye. I use an anti-puffiness gel under my eyes in the AM. It seems to help somewhat. Look for a product with caffeine and witch hazel.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:12 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,429,938 times
One thing I use from time to time is those palm sized rocks that are polished, I keep a pair of them in the refrigerator. I lay down and put the cold rocks on my eyes for several minutes and it helps alot.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:09 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,105,406 times
I suggest you try Eye Brite by Benefit. It won't cure it but it is a pretty good concealer.
:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty