Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 04:44 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
#5!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 05:06 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Both places where I've lived are at the top of the list, and that would explain (I guess) why so many of my friends get mistaken for 20 years younger than their age. After posting on forums, I came to wonder if I lived in some kind of weird time bubble, or something, but it turns out it's the geography that plays a large role, as well as the usual self-care measures: avoiding sun from an early age, not smoking/drinking, regular exercise, etc.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:51 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Sorry, this is just another of those meaningless, worthless lists.... Nothing but click-bait. I just don't put stock in ANY "best" type lists anymore.

Old 07-18-2015, 10:53 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Sorry, this is just another of those meaningless, worthless lists.... Nothing but click-bait. I just don't put stock in ANY "best" type lists anymore.
Maybe. But it's interesting that Seattle and the Bay Area are at the top, and the explanation for Seattle being there is that the cloudy weather helps prevent skin damage. So what's their explanation for a locale on coastal CA coming in 3rd? Obviously, there's more to it than sun exposure. Besides. cloudy days can be just as damaging sunburn-wise as clear days, so their reasoning is nonsense.

I think some of it has to do with the more active lifestyles and better nutrition/balanced diet on the West Coast.

But....whatever.

Old 07-18-2015, 11:28 AM

379 posts, read 359,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Atlanta should be on this list.

Don't look their age could also mean older, right ? With the pathetic way people take care of their health here (smoking, drugs, poor diet, teenage pregnancy, prostitution, and so on), I'd add it to the list.
White people in Atlanta look younger than other people in the south, but they look older than people in other parts of the country. I worked in atlanta for just under a year, and my co-workers thought I was 28, ten years younger than I actually was. The other 40 year old guys looked well into their 50s. The southern diet does not do anyone any favors in the aging department.

Of course there are a lot of african americans in Atlanta who look younger than they really are. Like they say, "black don't crack."

Old 07-18-2015, 11:36 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
That sounds true about most of the South, but what about South Florida? It's rainier there and, I think, more health-conscious.

Old 07-18-2015, 11:40 AM

379 posts, read 359,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
That sounds true about most of the South, but what about South Florida? It's rainier there and, I think, more health-conscious.
I don't think people in south florida are very health conscious. Some are very image conscious, but that's a different thing. It's mostly leathery retirees and minorities from latin america.

Old 07-18-2015, 12:35 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I do believe ones environment play a major roll in their health, from the water you drink, to the foods you consume and the air you breath, unhealthy lifestyle will reflect on the outward sooner or later..

Old 07-18-2015, 12:37 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe. But it's interesting that Seattle and the Bay Area are at the top, and the explanation for Seattle being there is that the cloudy weather helps prevent skin damage. So what's their explanation for a locale on coastal CA coming in 3rd? Obviously, there's more to it than sun exposure. Besides. cloudy days can be just as damaging sunburn-wise as clear days, so their reasoning is nonsense.

I think some of it has to do with the more active lifestyles and better nutrition/balanced diet on the West Coast.

But....whatever.

Old 07-18-2015, 01:00 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne Bjornson View Post
I don't think people in south florida are very health conscious. Some are very image conscious, but that's a different thing. It's mostly leathery retirees and minorities from latin america.
Sounds like some stereotyping to me. Not lately, but I've been to much of the South, including South Florida, which must still have many young white people and a healthier diet than, for example, Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty