Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 06:23 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,272,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
This is an ad. You are supposed to buy the shirt.
No, the OP frequently talks about her tactical shirts. I think we're supposed to be impressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 06:41 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
IE, from Tactical Shirts - 5.11 Tactical Operator Shirts & Work Wear
"More About Tactical Shirts Tactical shirts from 5.11 offer a combination of comfort and utility wrapped in a high performance package. Designed to act as rugged and reliable tactical operator shirts across a broad range of mission theaters, 5.11 tactical shirts are world renowned for uncompromising quality, unbeatable craftsmanship, and modern composite materials that provide rugged durability while remaining lightweight and breathable. Whether you’re looking for a new set of operator shirts for your next duty assignment, a comfortable set of recreational shirts for your next hunting or fishing trip, or a set of reliable and resilient work shirts for your new job, 5.11 Tactical Shirts have everything you need and more."

As I head out to get my surgery prescriptions and have on my jeans and khaki Tac shirt, I'd thought I'd ask that question.

Maybe there will be a reply when I get back.
I have some old Willis & Geiger Outfitters which is probably the pre-5.11 tactical shirt of the 1990s. Same concept. Great shirts all around.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:16 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,054 times
Quote:
Errr, yes, well......that's one of the things about here in Texas with the dry heat like a furnace. I notice a lot of people in tee's,shorts, sandals.

I'm, however, very sun conscious so I wear jeans, long sleeves (though the cuffs may be undone), and a broad rim hat.

About the only people I notice who dress like me, civilian wise, are older Mexican gentlemen.
Civilian wise? Have you ever served?

Depending on how they look and carry themselves I usually I think they are some sort of wannabe...which form you civilian wise comment I would assume with you as well.

Tamara? Are you a female? When I see a female in a tactical shirt I usually do not notice or if I do I am probably noticing how errrr.......ummmmmm......corn fed she is.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:39 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
I think his wife got tired of carrying his cell phone, wallet, keys and other crap in her purse.
And there's even a nifty little pocket to put his shopping list AND a place for his pen.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:54 AM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times
Quote:
IE, from Tactical Shirts - 5.11 Tactical Operator Shirts & Work Wear
"More About Tactical Shirts Tactical shirts from 5.11 offer a combination of comfort and utility wrapped in a high performance package. Designed to act as rugged and reliable tactical operator shirts across a broad range of mission theaters, 5.11 tactical shirts are world renowned for uncompromising quality, unbeatable craftsmanship, and modern composite materials that provide rugged durability while remaining lightweight and breathable. Whether you’re looking for a new set of operator shirts for your next duty assignment, a comfortable set of recreational shirts for your next hunting or fishing trip, or a set of reliable and resilient work shirts for your new job, 5.11 Tactical Shirts have everything you need and more."

As I head out to get my surgery prescriptions and have on my jeans and khaki Tac shirt, I'd thought I'd ask that question.

Maybe there will be a reply when I get back.
First of all, you wouldn't recognize a "Tactical Shirt" if you saw one. Now, if you are talking about body armor, I'd aim for the head or arm pits

If I could recognize a TS, I would know that someone else is there to help in an emergency.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:25 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,771,788 times
Actually, now that I've looked-up 'Tactical shirts', they could (depending on the design) make an inadequate little guy look more virile. https://www.easterntactical.com/secu...ducts/3067.PNG This one would cover up scrawny arms. The shoulder pocket thingies will mimic deltoid muscles. And that Nehru collar will help compensate for a neck that isn't thick enough.

Like Cowboy clothes and Hunting gear, the Tactical gear thing seems to be mainly for the menfolk to turn each other on, by looking more hunky than they actually are. Nothing wrong with that.

Oh, and I've just realized that the shirt is ideal for leaving un-tucked - yet will be slimming. So, it will visually lengthen the torso - making the guy look less 'evolved' and more Gorilla-like: always a good thing.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:32 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Actually, now that I've looked-up 'Tactical shirts', they could (depending on the design) make an inadequate little guy look more virile. https://www.easterntactical.com/secu...ducts/3067.PNG This one would cover up scrawny arms. The shoulder pocket thingies will mimic deltoid muscles. And that Nehru collar will help compensate for a neck that isn't thick enough.

Like Cowboy clothes and Hunting gear, the Tactical gear thing seems to be mainly for the menfolk to turn each other on, by looking more hunky than they actually are. Nothing wrong with that.

Oh, and I've just realized that the shirt is ideal for leaving un-tucked - yet will be slimming. So, it will visually lengthen the torso - making the guy look less 'evolved' and more Gorilla-like: always a good thing.
DH just likes all the pockets. The shirt is his version of a "man purse".

He has no problem looking hunky.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:35 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
ETA: oops!

Old 07-22-2015, 09:36 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,537 times
...as opposed to "strategic" shirts?

Old 07-22-2015, 09:50 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
I think they're ugly as hell on a woman; it make them look butch. *shrugs* If that's the look you're going for, good for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty