Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 04:19 PM

3,350 posts, read 2,833,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yeah, my neighbor's outside right now mowing the lawn with his shirt off. Is he "flaunting his wares" or just being comfortable outside on a hot day? Should I be out publicly shaming him and making assumptions about how much he wants attention?
I am saying that people care little too when women show off skin. Men can just take off shirt with no problem as long we don't see their balls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 05:06 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,232,299 times
God bless yoga pants on nice booties.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:23 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,917,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
I'd like to thank the young female (17-18 yo perhaps) with her mom who graced my path after I left the bank running errands this afternoon. Daughter had a delightful pair of athletic shorts, tight form fitting with just a little looseness at bottom that were clinging to her nubile physique that enabled a full groin vault inspection without any effort.

It was like being in a Romanesque cathedral as the fit young lovely walked to the car parked two from mine and then bent over putting something in the back seat. I wasn't leering either, as she was directly in my sight path as I approached my vehicle. I didn't look long but it was heavenly. The right amount of thrust surface and stress function.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mlew15/21-ti...0se#.ugvOME11o

#18:
#GrowingUpAGirl 'You're not going out wearing that.'Because obviously young girls in skirts are the problem. Not the men sexualising them.

Now excuse me while I go wash my eyes out with bleach.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:33 PM

4,526 posts, read 5,320,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
God bless yoga pants on nice booties.
^^^ This ^^^

Old 07-25-2015, 06:40 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,566,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post

Now excuse me while I go wash my eyes out with bleach.
If only that would do the trick.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:50 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,921,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Did you mean "heckling" or "harassment?"
I was quoting the previous poster who was stating that attractiveness had nothing to do with being harassed.

If you look like Kate Upton the chances that you are gonna be sexually harassed at work are very high even if dress conservatively.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:10 PM

25,590 posts, read 21,764,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
People care when woman show care but not men.
They can show their nipples if they like.
This ^^^. When I was in Air Force, we had a female officer who said that after the run when the men took off their shirts she said "Until we can all take off our shirts to cool down, put your shirts back on." And, I agree and this was in 1975. No progress there.

I have seen women sexually harassed in every shape, size and color plus the shallow rating of 1 to 10. Will we ever get past "Well, she was asking for it." in my life time?

Seriously, if you aren't looking for it, you won't even notice. Just look away if it bothers you. I see all these really old guys at the grocery store looking to flirt with anyone that will look their way. Seriously grandpa......... Now, I remember the mini skirts when I was in high school and, ah, they could really reveal and turn more than a couple of heads. What about those tight sweaters I see on girls in the 50's like my mother wore?

Old 07-25-2015, 07:51 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,775,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodoven View Post
I can't recall such a visual barrage in previous decades, especially the yoga pants aka leggings trend. It seems less and less is left to the imagination on the streets, combined with more narcissism.

Is this noticeable to most men, or am I just getting older and finding younger women less accessible, hence getting distracted in a different way? I'm 50+, for reference.
More tats too. Makes em all look cheap no matter how nice the wares are.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:06 PM

22,569 posts, read 24,365,374 times
Spokane, home of the 300 pound women...who flaunt-it in high-heels, belly-shirts and skin-tight spandex!

Old 07-25-2015, 09:20 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,671,341 times
What I tend to notice is if the woman is overweight then dressing in a way that shows off her figure is gross; but if the woman is in great shape she's not gross, she's just slutty. I notice when women are the ones who have a problem with it, it's because they either need a reason to look down on someone (the heavier lady) or are jealous (the lady in decent shape).

I have nice legs, and I have no problem wearing something that shows them off. I've worked hard for them! Other things, I leave to the imagination. That's my personal choice. You wear what you want, and I'll wear what I want. Capisce?

Edited to correct a spelling. Really, it's okay to let me know here if I misspelled something. I'm a word nerd but stole that particular word from Uncle Jesse. I don't actually speak Italian myself. No need to correct me anonymously. I'm totally okay with learning

Last edited by ShinyHappyLucy; 07-25-2015 at 09:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty