Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2015, 03:06 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,560,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Well, then, I don't think men should wear t-shirts or shirts with the sleeves rolled up, because a man's strong, masculine forearms can cause a reaction in me. That's NOT sarcasm; I'm being serious. And when a well-built man wears clothes that reveal how fit he is (he could be wearing a nicely tailored suit), well, gosh, it doesn't take much to contemplate what the whole package would look like (again, total seriousness). Therefore, men shouldn't wear anything that shows any kind of an outline of their bodies.

More than a year ago, I saw an incredible- looking man out running. Bare chested, wearing running shorts. I remember him very well still, so that should be an indication of how good-looking he was. In fact, I'm not likely to ever forget him. .

Anyway, I'm not afraid to admit that he created quite a response in me, and, going by the reactions of other women around, he did in others, too. I say, then, that he had no business going out dressed like that when he looks like that. He should cover himself up, even on stickin' hot, humid summer days. He and other men should remember that a woman has womanliness, so they should not wear anthing that raises the excitement.
I apologize.

ETA: Whoops. You said a year ago. I thought you meant 30 years ago. 30 years ago that was the reaction to me running without a shirt. Now it's mostly this:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 03:14 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,804,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I do. I'm into artistic ties. If I see a guy with a cool tie on, I'll enthuse. I can't restrain myself.

BTW, do guys wear ties anymore?
Yeah, isn't it nice to see a man wearing a tie, especially if it's a nice one?

One day last week, the barista who served me at Starbucks was a young guy who wore a pink shirt with a blue patterned bowtie. I'm not usually into bowties, but I do love a man who has the confidence to wear a pink shirt. The combination looked great, and I was happy to tell him so. He seemed very appreciative of the compliment.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 08-02-2015 at 03:37 PM..

Old 08-02-2015, 03:22 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,158,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Yeah, isn't it nice to see a man wearing a tie, especially if it's a nice one?

One day last week, the batista who served me at Starbucks was a young guy who wore a pink shirt with a blue patterned bowtie. I'm not usually into bowties, but I do love a man who has the confidence to wear a pink shirt. The combination looked great, and I was happy to tell him so. He seemed very appreciative of the compliment.
I wear ties to interviews, career fairs, and key meetings with higher ups. But that's about it.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Thirty five pages of discourse on this subject ?

Would this be a good time to tell you this..........

In Canada, since a court decision in 1991, it has been perfectly LEGAL for women to be topless in public, across the entire country. At any time, and in any public place. That decision has been upheld by the Supreme Court Of Canada.

Re-read that date again...........1991. Here is a link to the case and the decision.

Women's topless court victory 20 years later - Canada - CBC News

It would seem to me that Canada is a much more tolerant place, than the USA is. This is just one more example of many that show that the Canadians are more prepared to let others live as they want to. Twenty years, people.

Jim B.
Got it. As a fellow Canadian, may I point out that part of the "letting others live as they want to" thing is allowing others - and that includes those in a different country - to present diverse and disparate opinions on a given subject, without reflexively and smugly insisting on one's ideological superiority because one feels differently. And without suggesting the others are backward. Ya know, like being "tolerant" and all that.

But thanks!

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 08-02-2015 at 03:37 PM..

Old 08-02-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
It's been legal in Oklahoma since 1973, the Wendy Berlowitz decision.
Thank you for pointing that out, Ralph.

Ya hear that Canadian citizen/Jim B? Legal in Oklahoma since 1973. That's 42 years, dude.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytrekker View Post
I apologize.

ETA: Whoops. You said a year ago. I thought you meant 30 years ago. 30 years ago that was the reaction to me running without a shirt. Now it's mostly this:

LOL. I'm sure that isn't so, ponytrekker. For all you know, women are lusting for you as much as they ever were.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:15 PM

6,610 posts, read 4,833,808 times
I already knew public female toplessness is legal in some places. Where very few women take advantage of it. Which tells me some women are more into teasing than anything and also like to make the bogus complaint that should be able to walk around half-naked because men can go shirtless. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:31 PM

17,486 posts, read 38,934,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I already knew public female toplessness is legal in some places. Where very few women take advantage of it. Which tells me some women are more into teasing than anything and also like to make the bogus complaint that should be able to walk around half-naked because men can go shirtless. Two wrongs don't make a right.
?"

And what exactly are the "wrongs?" I think only in your opinion. It may be wrong to you but maybe not to me or someone else.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:14 PM

6,610 posts, read 4,833,808 times
Short shorts, nipples in public, stomach in public (except in swimming areas). The vast majority of the Western world would have agreed 60 years ago.

Old 08-02-2015, 10:50 PM

142 posts, read 176,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
The reason it's NOT disturbing, Wmsn4Life, is because HIS intentions have no bearing on my life. Like I said, I can't control what others do, only myself. So someone can have immoral intentions, but it won't affect me because I don't have to stick around and interact. Someone complimenting my shoulders doesn't mean I'm required to enter into a sexual liaison or even a casual conversation with them. It doesn't mean that I even have to acknowledge the compliment, if I don't feel like it. But the comment itself is not offensive to me.
I don't know how this segued into female shoulders. The main increase of flaunting has been female glutes, by far, and that part of the body directly hits the male libido. I hope women understand why but I'm not sure they fully can.

Ask yourself which of these women gets more attention, all other things being equal.

Mod cut. Sorry - copyrighted images are not permitted.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-05-2015 at 10:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty