Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2015, 05:12 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times

Advertisements

Ive bought some nice M&S, Zara, French Connection stuff on Ebay... all new, but on looking today I thought to myself, Ive thrown out ten times better than some crap being sold on here, look at this lovely creation.. think they should have written fits all or odd shapes welcome. Ive also seen second hand shoes well scuffed with heels worn down.., I wouldnt give them to a charity shop.. but some want to sell.
http://i.imgur.com/noxs6fu.jpg

Extremely well worn / trashed women's shoes (worn as slippers) size UK 6 | eBay hahahahaha this made me laugh ..
and this. Oh god these are put on for a laugh.. http://i.imgur.com/Y3hxtYd.jpg

Last edited by dizzybint; 07-25-2015 at 05:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 08:39 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,414,048 times
Ugh---who lets their shoes get dirty like that? Its why they invented socks.....and if you wash your socks, you shoes don't get dirty! I always use those Dr. Sholls liners. If your shoes are dirty inside, they must smell, too....

Old 07-28-2015, 08:17 AM

44 posts, read 41,929 times
I never try it before.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:35 AM

149 posts, read 187,350 times
I've seen some real junk on eBay. I've been snookered a couple of times, I just donate the undesirable items to charity or if really bad just trash them.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:25 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,053,063 times
I've purchased jeans on eBay before. I had to sift through various sellers because some pictures revealed more wear than worthwhile. I finally found AG Adriano Goldschmied jeans from a reputable seller, at a fair price, in good condition, arriving just as expected. Would I sell? Not likely. I don't know who's out there and people these days can complain and lie even if I'm forthright about selling items in good condition and prompt with shipping.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:39 PM

32,944 posts, read 36,386,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Ugh---who lets their shoes get dirty like that? Its why they invented socks.....and if you wash your socks, you shoes don't get dirty! I always use those Dr. Sholls liners. If your shoes are dirty inside, they must smell, too....
I wouldn't wear socks with the shoes in the third link/picture. I can't fit a liner in all of my shoes, but, I can clean them.

Dizzybint, I can't imagine why anyone would think that they could sell those old things. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:13 PM

I've had some fantastic buys from Ebay! NWT, or NWOT, or EUC I have more ss/blouses and jackets than I can wear! I have also sold on Ebay with no problems. Its partly luck part what types of things you are selling. I would never try to sell dirty, used shoes!

With the outrageous price of clothes nowadays, its about the only place I can shop and not need a loan! Also, my "men" are big guys---,y ds is 2x, my dh is 3x, I fnd such sizes at reasonable prices on Ebay. otherwise, shirts in such sizes run $80--$100 if you can even find them

Old 07-30-2015, 08:34 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,079,443 times
Ive found good NWT clothing on ebay and even better, Goodwill. It's such a high getting nice work clothes for much less.
People will try to sell anything, its comical. I work in jewelry and I've seen people trying to sell junk jewelry likes it's some really rare and expensive piece. There's a necklace we sell for $90 (lab created, sterling silver, etc) and they had it for $500 on ebay.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I wouldn't wear socks with the shoes in the third link/picture. I can't fit a liner in all of my shoes, but, I can clean them.

Dizzybint, I can't imagine why anyone would think that they could sell those old things. Thanks for the laugh.

They make shoe liners that are like paper thin. I think they are Dr Scholls. I just am in the habit of using them, my mother taught me that. The perspiration from your feet can deteriorate the lining of your shoes. If you're wearing regular socks, that's ok, but if you're wearing just nylon stockings, the perspiration soaks through. Actually, my frugal mother made shoe liners, from fabric facing. We were taught to make things last, but that was back in the day.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty