Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 04:20 PM

797 posts, read 1,737,124 times

Advertisements

I need a good recommendation for an under eye concealer. I went without makeup this past week and 3 times I was stopped and asked why I had a shiner/black eye. We just had a horrific experience with a cross country move and I have 2 young children. Only averaging 4-5 hours of sleep a night and my eyes are starting to show it. I know eventually things will calm down and I can hopefully start to get more sleep. Until then, please tell me what is your fave concealer for dark raccoon eyes???

Also, what brand of makeup do you recommend? I have combination skin. I was doing liquid concealer with powder foundation but it isn't blending right and looks weird. What brand will helpe have flawless skin? I have really let myself go over the past 4 years. Just so much going on, I rarely wear makeup anymore. My husband doesn't care and I know I don't need to wear makeup but it makes me feel good about myself and helps me look put together when I do!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-02-2015 at 04:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 11:04 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,221,892 times
Go to the Lancome counter and get a make over done. Lancome is really good product and their representatives will show you how to use it correctly. Their foundation lasts a long time. Just a little goes a long way.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:10 PM

15,798 posts, read 21,314,184 times
I find application is one of the most important parts about getting a flawless finish. Sweep your concealer out from the inner corner of your eyes into a triangle pattern across your cheek. Then, use a wet sponge (Beauty Blender is one well known brand, but I use a Target knockoff) to blend out.

Right now, I'm using a Tarte Amazonian clay solid concealer (higher end, Sephora or Ulta) or NYX liquid concealer (low end, Target or some drugstores). The Tarte is waterproof, so it's really good in the summer or for weddings. The NYX is great because it's so cheap but also highly pigmented. I use that daily.

I also dust with a setting powder to help with creasing. If I have worse than normal dark circles, I dust with E.L.F.'s yellow powder (in a compact with other color correcting powders) which brightens up the area but is generally too much makeup for me - however I have friends with really dark circles who use yellow powder every day and you would never know so it can really work with dark circles. E.L.F. is really cheap, but good quality makeup that you can find at Target. They sell really cheap (but also decent) brushes as well. Most products are $5 or less!

Old 08-03-2015, 07:07 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,645,194 times
Bobbie brown has some great videos for this on her website. One of the biggest mistakes is applying concealer first. I used to use her products but she tests on animals now so I am just using what I have and switching over.

First, moisturizer.
Then you need a primer, I prefer smashbox photo finish.
Then a color corrector. If your under eye circles are reddish/brownish you need green. If they are purple/blue you need yellow. Let it set.
Then a skin marching concealer, I don't use liquid I use a quality, highly pigmented cream from buxom.
Finally, lightly dust with a pale yellow powder, I like bare minerals for most powders.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:26 AM

56 posts, read 46,671 times
One great drugstore brand find is the Maybelline Fit concealer that came out this year. It is a liquid concealer that does an awesome job of covering up. You brush the formula out under your eyes in a upside down triangle and blend with your ring finger.

Goodluck!

Old 08-05-2015, 03:21 AM

922 posts, read 800,244 times
Concealer is basically just dried liquid foundation.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:06 AM

44 posts, read 41,696 times
I think concealer must not need always
Ecco Bella, Emani. You may go for it.........

Old 08-05-2015, 07:23 AM

4,486 posts, read 4,947,394 times
I use MAC.
Not as pricey and their foundations are flawless. I use their powder to cream foundation for full coverage with their concealer.smashbox primer is AWESOME!!

Old 08-07-2015, 01:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,723,096 times
I have the NARS and it is great!

Old 08-09-2015, 11:38 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,283,840 times
Jane Iredale makes a highly pigmented under eye concealer that's good. I've had a hard time finding that, so I've been using Bare Minerals concealer, which works very well too.

Do you have an Ulta near you? They have staff who can advise you on what makeup is best for you and even show you how to apply it in the store before you buy. I am currently using a Bare Minerals serum based foundation and really like it. It only takes a few tiny drops to cover your whole face, and the coverage is good. I am using their eyelid primer as eyeshadow as well. I put SPF 70 under everything and then these products on top. It's a very natural look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty