Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2015, 10:42 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,515,203 times

Advertisements

Hi there. Looking for some hair-related advice. I had really long hair (to my waist) from childhood to mid 20s. Then I had a pixie cut for 10-11 years. After I had my second child in 2011 and growing tired of one style, I let my hair grow back to the length it is now, halfway down my back.

I live in Texas and it's hot and I really don't like long hair anymore. I have two children and a pretty fast paced life, so I need something lower maintenance. I don't want to fuss with my hair much. My mom also says that long hair adds years (I am going to be 40 years old this year). SO.....

I'm not quite sold on the pixie cut again, but I do admit that I've gotten a LOT of positive feedback when I transitioned from long to short. It was perfect for me and required little daily maintenance; however, I did have to have it cut regularly (vs. now).

Any suggestions for cute, low maintenance short haircuts that aren't pixie for someone with curly hair. My hair is of the spiral "S curl" variety. Volume wise, it is thin, and unless I put something in the hair, the curl doesn't start until at least six inches from the top of my head (so, it will hang flat if the cut is less than 6").

Or should I go pixie again?

To get a sense of how I look to make your suggestion, I have pictures in my profile of both me with short hair and me with long hair. My profile pic is a bit elongated, so it makes my face seem a bit longer than it actually is. My face is oval shaped.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 10:56 AM

10,112 posts, read 6,467,982 times
Personally, I think your pixie cut looked amazing! If I had cheekbones like yours, I would want to show them off with a cut like that. The cut also shows off your large, pretty eyes as well - I'd go back to it.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:40 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,515,203 times
why thank you

I'm kinda hesitant because I'd be basically committing myself to a certain style again and my husband thinks longer is more feminine. But he doesn't have to deal with all that goes along with having long curly hair, lol.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:39 PM

301 posts, read 825,479 times
Pixie - for sure! It looks stunning on you - very "Halle Berry" like!! It's your eyes and cheekbones that carry it off so well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty