Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 11:28 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I was recently on vacation in the Midwest. I have never seen so many huge women wearing blue jeans. Here is a little clue. When your hips are big already, those blue jean pockets with embellishments make your hips look even bigger. I own one pair of black jeans and I don't wear them outside my home. Most of the women I see wearing blue jeans shouldn't be wearing them either.
Jeans just don't fit me and are very uncomfortable when I am over weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 12:04 PM

160 posts, read 163,216 times
I'm shopping in the men's department to find jeans because in ladies jeans they running short and they have spandex in it.

Old 08-11-2015, 01:49 PM

347 posts, read 282,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgo2020 View Post
I'm shopping in the men's department to find jeans because in ladies jeans they running short and they have spandex in it.
I've heard those concerns before regarding women's jeans. I imagine it gets frustrating that many stores don't have what a lot of women are looking for.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:19 PM

1,413 posts, read 1,516,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watts87 View Post
Haha very good point! Here in rural Idaho, it's almost exclusively Levi's, Wranglers, American Eagle, and Silver Jeans. Not exactly a mecca for denim haha.
I think women's AE jeans look great on women but I wouldn't wear their men's jeans if they were giving them away. Not that I"ve shopped them recently, though, so my impressions may be out of date.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:33 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
What ever happened to dark blue denim? Every damn pair of jeans I see have faded areas or are "off" color or faded already or, have all kinds of designs. I just want a pair of straight leg dark indigo blue denim that I can wear equally with a tee shirt or a sports jacket.
You need to shop at farm stores. You can still find a nice pair of boot cut jeans for a very reasonable price. If you want skinny jeans, stick to the froufrou girly stores.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Those Who Squirm View Post
I think women's AE jeans look great on women but I wouldn't wear their men's jeans if they were giving them away. Not that I"ve shopped them recently, though, so my impressions may be out of date.
Interesting. I kind of forgot they sold men's jeans. I agree, I like the look for women as well. I've never been much of a fan of their men's clothes though so I rarely shop there.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:45 PM

396 posts, read 512,830 times
I am not overweight, but as a senior citizen, I refuse to wear jeans that let half of my wrinkled behind hang out, or jeans so tight it cuts off the circulation behind my knees when I sit down. Levis used to make a style, 550s, that were slightly relaxed and were not low rise, not Mom jeans either. First they added spandex. Okay, I'll forgive that, I guess. Then they did away with them completely in favor of skinny jeans or something called "find your curve". I'd have to wear something 2 sizes larger than I normally wear in pants so they wouldn't look painted on. That would be okay too but if I did that, the waist would be so big, I'd have a ruffle of denim hanging over the top of my belt.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:24 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,499,620 times
Quote:
Haha very good point! Here in rural Idaho, it's almost exclusively Levi's, Wranglers, American Eagle, and Silver Jeans. Not exactly a mecca for denim haha.

LOL nothing wrong with those brands...I'm actually really liking some of American Eagle's new styles that they have. I'm also at the point where I'm much pickier with jeans, so unless I LOVE them, I don't buy them..I don't care if they're $20 or $200.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:57 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
I've heard those concerns before regarding women's jeans. I imagine it gets frustrating that many stores don't have what a lot of women are looking for.
I remember buying men's Levis (I'm female) into my 30s In fact, that's almost all The Shed House (a local company, and the place for jeans lol) sold. I used to love the 501s.

They're long gone, and Levis aren't what they used to be. Luckily, I never have a problem finding jeans. When it's time for a new pair, I pick up another quickly--don't care much about the brand.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
LOL nothing wrong with those brands...I'm actually really liking some of American Eagle's new styles that they have. I'm also at the point where I'm much pickier with jeans, so unless I LOVE them, I don't buy them..I don't care if they're $20 or $200.
American Eagle seems to be a really good brand for women's jeans. I tend to be picky with jeans as well. As much as I love them I only have five pairs at the moment and they're all Levi's. I'll be adding to that tomorrow though haha. I would like to get some 501s, but I wouldn't mind branching out and trying some Silver Jeans as well. Last time I tried them they were very comfortable, but too pricey and a little to "flashy" for my taste so I didn't pull the trigger on those. Arizona and Gap actually have some styles I like, and they're cheap, but usually you get what you pay for. I need my jeans to last haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty