Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 02:00 PM

191 posts, read 272,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Then you'd want the "straight" cut, not the "slim". Slim works better on me... they also have "skinny", but no thanks.

They post different denims they have obtained (they describe the denim in detail and they range from light weight to very heavy/stiff) and then you tell them the size and cut you want. You pay up front, and then get your new jeans in the mail in about 6 weeks. All made in USA.
Awesome, thanks for the info! I'll have to check them out. The fact that they're all made in the USA is a huge draw for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 04:28 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,400,832 times
Gustin are cool, I agree, and you can pick the fabric that you want, etc. I like that they are individually sourced campaigns, as well, but sometimes wish that there was a stock in case you wanted to get a second pair of the same, but for the price, I will not complain.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 08-14-2015, 04:56 PM

191 posts, read 272,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Gustin are cool, I agree, and you can pick the fabric that you want, etc. I like that they are individually sourced campaigns, as well, but sometimes wish that there was a stock in case you wanted to get a second pair of the same, but for the price, I will not complain.
Yeah, I really like the idea that they are individually sorced. It's cool concept to be able to build your jeans in a manner of speaking.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:11 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Abercrombie or Gap are, so far, the only ones that don't look weird on me; I'm really picky with pocket placement in the back. The next time I get to a real store, I want to try some of the higher price points, like True Religion and Paper Denim, because I've heard good things about them.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:29 PM

347 posts, read 282,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
I loved the Levi's Store in the Galleria (it's long since closed). They had the custom made denim section and I got my jeans made the way I wanted. They took all my measurements and I chose the denim, rise, leg opening, etc....

a week or so later they called me to let me know they were in. I remember slipping them on - aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh. I've never had that feeling since. Everything sit JUST RIGHT.

The closest I can get to that feeling is Lucky Jeans. Other jeans (Levi's included) have no ass room and I don't want my crack showing, with pockets on the back of my thighs.
That's unfortunate that the store has long since closed. I wish I would have had one around my area, that would have been awesome. I do like the look of Lucky Jeans, but I've never tried them. I'll have to check them out sometime soon.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Abercrombie or Gap are, so far, the only ones that don't look weird on me; I'm really picky with pocket placement in the back. The next time I get to a real store, I want to try some of the higher price points, like True Religion and Paper Denim, because I've heard good things about them.
To me, pocket placement (as well as size & design) makes or breaks a pair of jeans. That's partly why I love Levi's. I especially like the design, as well as the back patch and red tab. I like the look of Gap Jeans and have considered buying a pair, but I'm a bit concerned with the quality. I love the price point, but often, you get what you pay for. I would like to try a higher price point jean as well. I find Silver Jeans to be pretty comfortable, so I may be snagging a pair of those soon.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:41 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,023,509 times
My hubby wears Wranglers. I love it because they're only $20 to $30 and they make his butt look so squeezable!

I actually don't wear a lot of jeans myself. I do like the LEI jeans from Walmart.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:04 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,400,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watts87 View Post
To me, pocket placement (as well as size & design) makes or breaks a pair of jeans. That's partly why I love Levi's. I especially like the design, as well as the back patch and red tab. I like the look of Gap Jeans and have considered buying a pair, but I'm a bit concerned with the quality. I love the price point, but often, you get what you pay for. I would like to try a higher price point jean as well. I find Silver Jeans to be pretty comfortable, so I may be snagging a pair of those soon.
Some Lucky are good, without being too expensive, but there are some great fabrics at higher price points. Because they are crowd funded, I'd try Gustin, since you can get a higher quality pair of jeans for closer to a wholesale price. Instead of a $200+ price point, you can pay a more reasonable price, some in the $90 range into the $120s. The company has fantastic detailing and workmanship for the price. They're also made in the USA, like Joe's, True Religion, Citizens of Humanity, AG, and J Brand.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 08-14-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
My hubby wears Wranglers. I love it because they're only $20 to $30 and they make his butt look so squeezable!

I actually don't wear a lot of jeans myself. I do like the LEI jeans from Walmart.
Haha! I like the looks of LEIs.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Some Lucky are good, without being too expensive, but there are some great fabrics at higher price points. Because they are crowd funded, I'd try Gustin, since you can get a higher quality pair of jeans for closer to a wholesale price. Instead of a $200+ price point, you can pay a more reasonable price, some in the $90 range into the $120s. The company has fantastic detailing and workmanship for the price. They're also made in the USA, like Joe's, True Religion, Citizens of Humanity, AG, and J Brand.
I'm definitely going to check out some Gustin jeans. I've been hearing quite a bit about them on here. I like what I've heard so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty