Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 05:11 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,415,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie1153 View Post
If you're a girl, do you feel comfortable without makeup? If you do, how did you get yourself to that point?
I am 18 and I have yet to feel okay without makeup. Mostly because I have blonde eyelashes and very blonde eyebrows so I look like a freak without it.
I see that you're in California--but of course it has a lot of social environments. I think that "feel like a freak" part relates to an attitude that personal appearance matters a lot. Where I live lots of women simply don't use makeup at all ever, and it's never commented on because it's just not a requirement. If the local interests are outdoors, ecological, maybe a few memories of the hippie era, then you can expect an anti-fashion outlook. Wear what you're comfortable in, go around with a natural face, it's all fine.

California's a long way away but could it be "Get out of Orange County and go to Mendocino"? Or maybe that's glitzy too now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2015, 06:33 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,341,475 times
Blondie1153, you can see by reading the replies to your post that there are those that think you should do this or do that.... mainly they're telling you to go without makeup. They basically want to impose their own attitudes/ideas on you. I say to you.... do what you feel is best for you. You are not them..... they are not you. You are the best judge of how you feel best with what you do concerning your appearance. So in the end.... read the replies.... and then keep on doing if that is what you thinks works best for you. There's no right or wrong, except for the wrong when people want to impose their way on us and want us to conform to their own ideas.

Old 08-15-2015, 07:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
You know you are female, you don't need makeup to let the world know.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:17 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,991 times
I like wearing makeup when I'm in the mood to glam it up....but I feel just as comfortable and attractive without it.

Old 08-15-2015, 10:22 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
Blondie1153, you can see by reading the replies to your post that there are those that think you should do this or do that.... mainly they're telling you to go without makeup. They basically want to impose their own attitudes/ideas on you.
Uhhh...maybe because she specifically asked, outright, "How do you get yourself to the point where you feel comfortable without makeup?"

Nobody is imposing anything, they're answering the question she asked.

And being comfortable without makeup doesn't mean never wearing it, anyway. It means just that...being comfortable with your appearance when you're not wearing any.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:07 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,341,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Uhhh...maybe because she specifically asked, outright, "How do you get yourself to the point where you feel comfortable without makeup?"

Nobody is imposing anything, they're answering the question she asked.

And being comfortable without makeup doesn't mean never wearing it, anyway. It means just that...being comfortable with your appearance when you're not wearing any.
Fair enough TR, when one says this is how it works for me.

But what about those that are not comfortable about some aspect of their appearance, for whatever reason they may have? Should they force themselves to be comfortable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty