Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2015, 09:44 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,196 times

Advertisements

I am reinventing my closet again & spending lot of time shopping/thinking about shopping. I am short (petite) and fat (L). I hate shopping. but I am forcing myself to shop mostly online because most shops carry their petite size online.

I created list of shops that carry my size & I am familiar with. I went thru the website of 2 shops off my list (Macy and Old Navy) & ordered few things. I quickly glanced thru 2 other store (The Limited & Express) & realize shopping takes too much time & too much brain power.

Now I am wondering if I should stick with exploring few shops, maybe 4-5. visit the store and website every few months (season) and add to my collection based on what they have. Don't bother looking at other stores.

Would that limit my option too much, especially since I am in a fashion rut? Do others follow similar system of only visiting "go to store"? How did you go about picking your store? I like the department stores because they are great for basics but I want to have few nice items that can pull the outfit together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 11:34 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
There's nothing wrong with figuring out which brands fit you best and sticking with those brands. You can experiment with different accessories to change up your look, and those can come from different places.

Old 08-17-2015, 07:36 AM

27 posts, read 42,189 times
Yes, I do have loyalty to a store. I am a Macy's girl. One of their store brands happens to fit me very well (AND they have amazing sales, plus coupons galore!). I've tried other stores, but can't find anything and usually end up going back to Macy's. And if you know which brands/styles fit you well, online shopping is a lifesaver! I do a lot of online shopping to catch good sales, and especially if they are offering free shipping. Returns can usually be made to the brick and mortar stores, so no return shipping.

Zappoes has free shipping coming and going. Love them! Got my Frye boots through them. Took me three tries (ordering different sizes) to find the one that fit just right. No shipping charges! Happy customer. They aim to please!

Old 08-17-2015, 10:22 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Not even a little brand-loyal.

I go strictly based on what looks good, fits flatteringly, and how it fits my budget...where it comes from/who makes it is inconsequential.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:55 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,691,193 times
I dont stick with any store or brand and always just shop around. If I need something, it fits and good price it doesnt matter where its from. I tend to buy more from certain stores because either thats where the best prices usually are, I just tend to like it more or sizes fit better. So, no not brand loyal but I may buy from same place more often because they just have what I need. I shop and look around though first.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:43 PM

28 posts, read 66,441 times
Utilitarian heavy duty clothing almost always comes from Big R or Tractor Supply. The Lee, Dickies, Wrangler and Carhartt jeans, jackets, t-shirts, bibs, coveralls etc.. are made to a much higher quality than what you will find at a "department" store. They also sell actual Wolverine, Red Wing, Justin, Irish Setter, Tony Lama etc...etc... boots and shoes. Even JC Penny and Sears have a hard time keeping up with that. The price is usually the lowest in town on a regular price item. It not only beats other stores "on sale" price, but even also Wal-Mart's everyday low price. It's where you go around here when you need to purchase an item such as these. I wouldn't buy "dress" clothes there, but for things that are meant for work and have to hold up, you will find it there.

It's one of the few places where men can go to buy " A REAL MANS" pair of blue jeans that don't look like chick pants. Your wife won't be laughing when you get home guys... It's also where you go to find quality lawn and garden tools such as STIHL and Echo that you will never find at Lowe's, Menard's or Home Depot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty