Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 08:41 PM

9,871 posts, read 14,107,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Even with statistics showing an overwhelming sale off of 29"!!!!???..
Please provide these statistics.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 06:03 AM

50,325 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Lane Bryant used to do that.
I remember finding a great fitting pair of jeans there, but everything that I like always gets discontinued, so of course those jeans did too.

Land's End used to have the absolute best underwear. It was sized like other clothing, instead of 4-8. Of course, since I loved it, they haven't sold it for years.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:58 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,815,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
The incompetence of Wrangler, Rider, Levi etc is beyond comprehension as they all have missed millions of dollars of retail Ching Ching simply by not recognizing ,not caring for we 5' 7" and shorter folks ? Even with statistics showing an overwhelming sale off of 29"!!!!???. ( rarely restocked because THEY DON'T GET IT I would fire all district managers in Penney's , Walmart others just for not micro- managing cotton pick in SLACKS!!!!! This is simply dummies for Jeans you save 2-3 inches of fabric X 2 legs!!!! It saves hundreds of thousands just in product time weighted!!! You advertise your new feature thereby welcoming millions unable to hem ,unable to pay for hemming! Unable to HEM!! We HAVE to cut the extra crap you put on your jeans . My last bill was $20 for three Jeans !!! ( and they still bunched over my shoes lol. Hey big shots get a grip !!! Increase revenues by 5%' immediately, Hey Walmart ( smarty pants not) actually USE you supposedly neat re inventory system ( which sucks) and restock your 29" inseamed stuff ( which you neglect like the plague)? End of rant.
Why are you complaining, the clothing world is catered to you short, small footed people. Sounds like first world problems to me; "I can only find 30L jeans, and I need 29L." Try looking for 36L jeans, or any decent shoe in a 15.

Old 08-23-2015, 02:38 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,244,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
It is considerably easier to shorten jeans the to get them longer. Try LL Bean!
Just as long as they are not bell bottoms. I have to shorten jeans all the time. When it was bell bottoms it sorta kinds worked. But the bells aren't supposed to start notably below the knees and look like a ruffle.

I'd cut off jeans just a bit too long and wear them to see where they showed wear from hitting the ground and hem accordingly.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:41 PM

32,914 posts, read 36,310,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Why are you complaining, the clothing world is catered to you short, small footed people. Sounds like first world problems to me; "I can only find 30L jeans, and I need 29L." Try looking for 36L jeans, or any decent shoe in a 15.
I've settled for size 30 x 34 length, but I really need a 29 x 35. When I do find them, they're really expensive.

I can see why people with a short leg are frustrated.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:15 PM

163 posts, read 138,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watts87 View Post
True. I was just curious if having them hemmed even further after buying them would make them look off because of how they might drape and how the new hem itself would look compared to the original.
Tell your tailor to keep the bottom hem and you should be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty