Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 10:05 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times

Advertisements

Go hang out @ WALMART for an hour... You'll feel better in no time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 10:11 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,365,577 times
The simplest way to get over being insecure about your looks is

Stop assigning any worth or esteem to yourself or other people based on them.

Seriously. How someone looks is really nothing to be proud of. It's not an achievement. It's not a benefit to anyone and doesn't make the world a better place. It's just icing. Icing on a cake that should be made of moist dedication and discipline, creamy character, sweet disposition, and melt-in-your-mouth compassion.

So who the hell cares?

Old 09-10-2015, 10:20 AM

922 posts, read 806,658 times
Get work done.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:55 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,425,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Wait until you turn 40. You will no longer give a crap what anyone thinks of you.
30 for me.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:15 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The simplest way to get over being insecure about your looks is

Stop assigning any worth or esteem to yourself or other people based on them.

Seriously. How someone looks is really nothing to be proud of. It's not an achievement. It's not a benefit to anyone and doesn't make the world a better place. It's just icing. Icing on a cake that should be made of moist dedication and discipline, creamy character, sweet disposition, and melt-in-your-mouth compassion.

So who the hell cares?
That was beautiful, stan. Who knew you were so sentimental?

Old 09-10-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
That was beautiful, stan. Who knew you were so sentimental?
Everyone knows I am a total marshmallow.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:50 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
PERSONALITY makes so much more difference than looks. Now don't get me wrong, for myself, I have always tried to look good. I feel my best if I wear attractive clothing and a little makeup (I don't pile it on). But...... I have a flirty, outgoing personality, I laugh a lot and make people laugh, I love music and dancing all of which make me feel ALIVE - and when I feel like this I feel attractive! Even sexy and beautiful! And if YOU feel that way, others pick up on it! Try it! Just be the best you can be but remember the outward appearances aren't the most important as long as you look like you take care of yourself. SMILE a lot, even if you don't feel like it, there is nothing more attractive than a big, genuine smile from a man or a woman. You will be surprised how others respond to you. Hope this helps!

And LOL at the Walmart comment!

Old 09-11-2015, 06:07 PM

In my experience, too many people dog themselves for not being attractive enough while most people don't dog themselves enough for not having good character.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:20 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
When I was a kid I was a loaner, and had lots of frustration, so I had work at home to do, like splitting wood , it was a good way of burning up aggression and anger .
I might recommend you join a gym, for no other reason but to better your self, by your standard, not some one else's .
Invest something in your self that represents an investment and you will feel much better about your self .
Develop some skills in out doors or things that challenge you like music ,something that puts a demand on you to advance.
Your self worth is an investment that must be maintained no matter who your are.
People in the worst position have no legacy ,leave nothing behind and have lived selfishly all their life.
Don't be one of those.
Worst of all avoid the pity party , It never pays off . only person that makes out with a pity party is a bartender or grocer selling junk food .
You interested in making them rich on your grief ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty