Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: About how often do you wear jeans?
Most of the Time 21 44.68%
Some of the Time 18 38.30%
Rarely 6 12.77%
Never 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 06:14 PM

424 posts, read 426,749 times

Advertisements

^^^^^^^

Ah...doncha love the hypocrisy? I mean, pudgy and overweight--oh, excuse me: "plus-sized"--women scream bloody murder and rant about "fat-shaming" and being "superficial" and 'cruel" when skinny (read: toned and fit!) folks make a slightly politically incorrect comment about them, but then they go ahead and call anybody who can pull-off skinny jeans or has a super model figure "freakish." So...calling these people "freaks."

If I posted a pic of a woman at Wal-Mart who was 40 lbs overweight and said "Look how fat this freak is" I would be run out of CD town on a rail. After being tarred and feathered.

Or am I wrong about this?

I sorta doubt it.

LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 06:23 PM

6,066 posts, read 14,990,835 times
I think there is a range - freakishly thin and freakishly obese with average/normal in the middle. I wouldn't think of 40 pounds as being on the freakish end of the spectrum. 400, yes.

With skinny jeans, either end of the spectrum spells bad news as well as the middle. Skinny jeans are just wrong all over the place. But if anyone is going to pull them off, it would be the very narrow/thin folks. Hence the name "skinny".

With yoga pants, that material stretches, and you can at a certain point and in the right light actually see through the material. I really do not appreciate seeing other people's butt cracks. Maybe that's just me. I had to stand in the grocery line behind one of these people flashing their butt crack through their yoga pants. My two sons were with me getting quite the eye full! lol But that's not really the worst thing. The vaginal fluid thing is the freaky issue there. Eeww.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:33 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,184,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
According to my friend who is a yoga instructor and my gynecologist - many women do not wear underwear with their yoga pants and the stretchy/thin material they make yoga pants with allows vaginal fluid to seep through and basically spread onto any surface these women sit down on.

Even with underwear, depending on the type (some women only wear the g-string type) vaginal fluid can still seep through and "escape" onto other surfaces. When my yoga instructor friend told me this, I was skeptical, so I asked my gynecologist, and she confirmed this. She said we'd be surprised what vaginal fluid ends up on due to women not wearing appropriate clothing to cover up the lady bits.

Those shorty-short-shorts that you see the young girls wearing? Just think of all the places they are spreading their vaginal fluid. So disgusting, right?

I then asked my gynecologist if you can catch anything, like STDs, etc. if you came into contact with vaginal fluid due to women not covering up their bits like that. And she said she had never read any definitive scientific proof that it has happened, but she also wouldn't rule it out. It just means that they have never gone to lengths to prove it, that she knows of. It is not something that people usually think about. Because, you know, it's disgusting. lol

There are other reasons why I think yoga pants are gross, but this is probably the main reason.
So buy yoga pants with a gusseted crotch. Problem solved. Although who the heck is leaking copious amounts of vaginal fluid??

FWIW, you don't have to be "freakishly thin" to pull of skinny jeans. Just in good shape and wearing the correct size.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:18 PM

347 posts, read 281,275 times
Things just got real!

Old 09-21-2015, 07:26 PM

191 posts, read 271,707 times
Quote:
Me, too. Especially on men and people with a body type that is normal to averaged sized or bigger. Skinny jeans do not flatter anyone who does not have a freakish, curve-less, bean pole, super model type body. And even on that body type, skinny jeans looks odd. It just accentuates their frail-looking freakishness.

On men it just looks stupid, and makes their feet look ginormous, like clown feet. It also gives off a lame hipster/poser sort of vibe, which just makes us giggle.
I've never been a fan of the skinny jeans look on guys either. It does give off the appearance of stick legs with huge feet.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:28 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,184,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watts87 View Post
Things just got real!
Z-snap!

Old 09-21-2015, 07:47 PM

347 posts, read 281,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Z-snap!
You can say that again!

Old 09-22-2015, 03:11 PM

6,066 posts, read 14,990,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
So buy yoga pants with a gusseted crotch. Problem solved. Although who the heck is leaking copious amounts of vaginal fluid??
It doesn't take a lot. Most women have a normal amount of discharge that fluctuates depending on what's going on... time of the month, arousal, hormones, what we eat or drink. It doesn't take much to start seeping through the crotch.

The ones with the triangular thingy - I didn't know it was called a gusset, so thank you - just make them more breathable... doesn't solve the problem of seepage. I tried those while pregnant both times and breastfeeding, and yes pregnant and breastfeeding women do have discharge, it's normal. Gussets don't work. But they do keep things a bit "cooler" in the crotch, so you don't sweat as much, which is nice.

Any woman that claims that she never has vaginal fluid or any sort of discharge is either lying or incredibly out of touch with her own body. She should go talk to her girly doctor and have a real heart to heart.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:17 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,330,765 times
Quote:
It doesn't take a lot. Most women have a normal amount of discharge that fluctuates depending on what's going on... time of the month, arousal, hormones, what we eat or drink. It doesn't take much to start seeping through the crotch.

The ones with the triangular thingy - I didn't know it was called a gusset, so thank you - just make them more breathable... doesn't solve the problem of seepage. I tried those while pregnant both times and breastfeeding, and yes pregnant and breastfeeding women do have discharge, it's normal. Gussets don't work. But they do keep things a bit "cooler" in the crotch, so you don't sweat as much, which is nice.

Any woman that claims that she never has vaginal fluid or any sort of discharge is either lying or incredibly out of touch with her own body. She should go talk to her girly doctor and have a real heart to heart.
*Just waiting for the CD guys to start losing their lunches*

Old 09-22-2015, 03:20 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,330,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Southpaw View Post
^^^^^^^

Ah...doncha love the hypocrisy? I mean, pudgy and overweight--oh, excuse me: "plus-sized"--women scream bloody murder and rant about "fat-shaming" and being "superficial" and 'cruel" when skinny (read: toned and fit!) folks make a slightly politically incorrect comment about them, but then they go ahead and call anybody who can pull-off skinny jeans or has a super model figure "freakish." So...calling these people "freaks."

If I posted a pic of a woman at Wal-Mart who was 40 lbs overweight and said "Look how fat this freak is" I would be run out of CD town on a rail. After being tarred and feathered.

Or am I wrong about this?

I sorta doubt it.

LOL.
I think you're probably correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty