Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 08:02 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,250,010 times

Advertisements

Her face is being shown all over the planet, through various popular movies and other media. At that point, it doesn't even matter if Lawrence pretty or ugly-- she's the standard.

Lawrence is human with insecurities like everyone else, but if she seriously feels that way about herself, she's kind of lacking perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 08:35 PM

28 posts, read 66,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
When people bash celebrities- male or female- seems it's only for one reason: jealousy. I think it's idiotic.
Every beautiful woman has toads who can't help but cut her down and pick her apart. The way to feel better about that is when you notice decent looking men who can't take their eyes off you. The toads wish that would happen to them, though it never does.

<3 Michelle

Old 09-19-2015, 09:53 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,499 times
Most of the criticism that women receive comes from other women.

I have an extremely hard time believe any straight man would call Jennifer Aniston or Jennifer Lawrence unattractive.

Insecurity is also a huge issue.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:54 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,345,683 times
The fact that she is so appealing and attractive without being a classic '10` is no doubt a major factor in her popularity both as an actress and a sex symbol.

The last major actress with a similar appeal, that also got a lot of crap for her looks, was Sandra Bullock.

Old 09-20-2015, 01:17 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,741,834 times
Many Hollywood celebs in the past had their own insecurities, but the happiest ones were the people like Jane Russell, Roy Rogers, Jimmy Cagney and others who put other people in front of themselves by caring and adopting children, doing decent things with the money they had earned and forgetting about vanity and who thinks their good looking... Its the ones stuck in their own little bubble that worry about themselves constantly, Will I lose my looks that I was blessed with? Will I be loved for my looks forever, Will I need botox, nips and tucks till the day I die? get over it, your blessed with looks, a so called talent, money we can only dream of and most of all.. health... Maybe all these up their own bums celebs should look at some photos of street urchins who literally sleep on pavements and rubbish dumps, try and help them..

Jane Russell... Through her organization, World Adoption International Fund (WAIF), Russell has placed 51,000 children with adoptive families.

http://www.happytrails.org/roy_rogers.html

https://www.seriousfunnetwork.org/

Last edited by dizzybint; 09-20-2015 at 01:27 AM..

Old 09-20-2015, 02:04 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,547,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
She, at the advice and urging of her mother, SLEPT her way into Hollywood and SLEPT her way into Hunger Games. This is a FACT that is pretty well known.

I think after winning the Oscar for Winter's Bone, she was interested in appearing sexy so that she wouldn't get offered the same kind of part again.

I don't think you can SLEEP your way to an OScar.

Old 09-20-2015, 02:05 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
I messed around for a while with a chick who looked just like her.
Trust me...up close, it's hotter.
Didn't age well, though.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:31 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,037 times
She's a cute girl with a bubbly personality but I never thought she was "hot".

Old 09-20-2015, 08:06 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,314,963 times
I never pay much attention to Hollyweird gossip. I honestly don't watch many movies, sure don't remember many of the ones I do watch. I saw a couple of the Hunger Games movies. I enjoyed her performance in them. I can picture her being the ass-kicking lead. Her character is a good role model if a girl had to have one from the movies.

I enjoyed the link in the OP. Thanks!! I wish this smart young lady success. I pray she doesn't fall prey.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:03 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,958,566 times
I think Jennifer Lawrence is sexy, has a fantastic figure and an attractive face, but not a gorgeous one. Far from ugly, though. However, many times the most attractive women may see their few faults and magnify them out of proportion. Of course, that's just anecdotal on my part.

Jennifer Anniston is pretty and has a nice figure as well, but I've never found her "sexy" like Lawrence. I've found a lot of supermodels like that as well - pretty to beautiful, but often not sexy. Or, less sexy than they should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty