Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 11:03 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,259,553 times

Advertisements

I never wear mine. A couple of times I tried wearing sterling silver band rings but they always wind up looking bad in no time, especially if they have fake stones. I have a lot of jewelry but almost never wear though I do like to take it out and clean it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 11:04 AM

780 posts, read 678,136 times
We just got married this year and I don't like wearing my ring.

I wear it on social occasion, if I'm going to be around people. I wear it when I specifically miss the husband (currently deployed), but aside from that, it's uncomfortable to me. I don't wear any jewellery at all. Also, I grew up in a family setting where husbands and wives don't wear wedding rings (religion), so to me, it's not that big of a deal.

My husband on the other hand, when I send him a picture or if we're skyping and he notices that I'm not wearing my ring, he asks me about it. My main reason of wearing it because the husband wants me to.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:13 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,977,735 times
If I send ya'll my address can you send me your rings???
It was a long road to my set..i set them aside when I cook, and go camping.My mom never wore her rings ...after awhile they just got too small...but when I look at family pics, she never had them on

Old 09-24-2015, 11:27 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,443,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
If I send ya'll my address can you send me your rings???
It was a long road to my set..i set them aside when I cook, and go camping.My mom never wore her rings ...after awhile they just got too small...but when I look at family pics, she never had them on
This is part of why I don't often wear mine. I tend to take them off a lot and have had a couple scares of not remembering where I've left them. That and my set is yellow gold which I rarely wear anymore. One of these days I'll get it all reset and maybe I'll wear them more.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:19 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,239,886 times
my band is the style of its time- wide and ornate. And it's now too big. I'm still losing weight, so I'm waiting to hit goal weight and stay there before I get it remade -- the only way it can be resized and not cheap...

So I wear a pretty knife edge silver band or other rings on that finger, but that's my choice. Hubs doesn't care and I don't care if he wears his -- his also doesn't fit anymore...he has Rheumatoid arthritis, so his joints are inflamed... rings are very problematic.

It's just a ring...

Old 09-24-2015, 12:48 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,094,368 times
I wear my band (it's a wide, white gold comfort fit so it is comfortable) but don't wear my engagement ring often. It's large and sits up and I'm afraid I'll destroy it.

Both rings were given to me by my mother and not by my husband.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:18 PM

2,531 posts, read 3,096,366 times
I wear neither an engagement nor a wedding ring, because I own neither one. I told my husband-to-be that I'd rather own a Parker left-handed, italic nib fountain pen than a ring (I can't stand finger jewelry.) He happily complied.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:41 PM

658 posts, read 2,005,875 times
I quit wearing my wedding rings when I had had enough of my first husband's treatment and wished I wasn't married.

I'm marred again and only take my rings off to clean them. My husband's ring matches the diamond bands that are on both sides of my solitaire.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:46 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,609,027 times
I've been married for 19 years and I've worn my wedding rings for less than half that time. I'm an artist and I would completely ruin the rings and stones with the materials I use on a regular basis. Hubby wasn't thrilled when I started, but then he saw what my hands looked like and knew my rings would be ruined. I also don't want the rings to get caught on a piece of equipment I'm using. He's now totally fine with it. Even days when I'm doing a lot of computer work I take them off because they irritate my fingers.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:15 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,887,925 times
Does this pertain to wedding bands or the engagement ring as well? I ask because the OP headlines sways wedding ring. I don't consider an engagement ring a wedding ring. When I married years and years ago my wife got a yellow gold wedding band which she wore everyday. We divorced a few years later and I have no idea what she did with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty