Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 03:15 AM

53 posts, read 62,571 times

Advertisements

While they seem to be in the minority I have heard from a number of women they can't stand wearing a skirt or a dress at all. Just curious what some reasons may be? I do remember a friend awhile back tried on a dress after many years of not wearing one and she said she felt weird and uncomfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 04:00 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybgood12 View Post
While they seem to be in the minority I have heard from a number of women they can't stand wearing a skirt or a dress at all. Just curious what some reasons may be? I do remember a friend awhile back tried on a dress after many years of not wearing one and she said she felt weird and uncomfortable.

Probably because it makes some feel weird and uncomfortable.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:14 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
Personally I prefer pants/slacks, just feel more comfy in those than in a dress or skirt.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:16 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Personally I prefer pants/slacks, just feel more comfy in those than in a dress or skirt.
Agreed. Skirts just make me feel too exposed. lol I prefer pants. I mean, I rarely wear shorts, except when I am home. But if I go out, the shorts come off, and pants go on.

And dresses make me look fat or totally shapeless.

Last edited by HappyRain; 10-06-2015 at 05:38 AM..

Old 10-06-2015, 05:35 AM

7,682 posts, read 1,270,193 times
It's very rare that I find a dress that's flattering on me. I'm overweight (but losing it, thank God!), short and short-waisted so dresses almost never fit my proportions--and petite sizes don't always work either.

The only exception is that I do like to wear maxi dresses but even those are harder to come by. This past season's garish, "old lady" prints leave much to be desired.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:33 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
I don't like to wear dresses or skirts in the summer because I feel like I sweat too much wearing them. I know some women who will wear shorts under the dress to get rid of that problem, but I don't like to do that. In the winter I'll wear a dress and boots and that feels okay.

I'm short and long-waisted with a big chest, so dresses actually are pretty flattering on me...they make my legs look longer and put most of the focus on my chest. But I can't get past the sweat issue in the summer time.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:45 AM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybgood12 View Post
I don't like skirts or dresses.

1. No pockets. I do not carry a purse, so I require pockets. Pants have pockets.

2. Not practical. I do a lot of bending over and I don't want to be constantly thinking about how to properly bend over with a skirt.

3. More complicated. With pants, I put them on, throw on some socks, tennis shoes and a top, and away I go. If I wore a skirt, I'd have to wear different shoes, think about what kind of sock liners I'd wear (no way in heck I'd ever wear panty hose), etc. Plus there is the whole slip, undergarment issue.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:07 AM

620 posts, read 638,322 times
Two words ...

chub rub

Old 10-06-2015, 07:25 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
It's hard to find them in the store. I believe stores assume women don't wear them as often, and they are correct. I'd wear them if there were more available, but the few I find don't fit me well. I am very large chested, short, with a small waist and nice legs but a big behind, and most dresses are way too long on me or too tight in the chest. Pants are an easier fit.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:46 AM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Some don't need/like the extra attention.

And having to keep your legs crossed is almost like foot binding- I personally have back problems and sit in odd contorted forms. Not "skirt appropriate"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty