Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 06:35 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,708,972 times

Advertisements

Eyeglass tend to be only for function and fashion comes as an afterthought. Yet glasses can make big impact on our look. Most of us only keep one glass, maybe a sunglass too but thats it.

Does anyone here have different eyeglass to change their look? If so, how different are the glasses from each other & how do you play up your look using eyeglass as accessory

I was thinking of creating a collection of
  • Contact lenses / no glass
  • Thick plastic frame
  • Thin wire frame or semi-rimless frame
  • Maybe a big chunky hipster/nerdy glass
But I am afraid its a bad experiment idea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 06:50 PM

620 posts, read 638,322 times
Don't do glasses without lenses. That just looks silly.

If you want to develop a "wardrobe" of prescription glasses, go on Zenni Optical's site. Their glasses are VERY affordable.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:52 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
Try on different styles...you don't HAVE to buy before you find out if you like them! I don't switch up my glasses.,....don't wear them much, either, though! I don't consider glasses to be an "accessory"...they might be a necessity!

Old 10-06-2015, 06:53 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
I have:

Contacts
Glasses with absolutely no frame, nearly invisible
Funky glasses with square, black frames
Glasses with very thin brown metallic frames

All presription

Old 10-06-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I have:

Contacts
Glasses with absolutely no frame, nearly invisible
Funky glasses with square, black frames
Glasses with very thin brown metallic frames

All presription
Do you change them around often? Daily? Weekly? Or you have main one & wear the rest occasionally. Like I wear contact lenses only in parties but regular day I have same old glass on

Old 10-06-2015, 07:13 PM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
i have 4 pairs of glasses plus contacts. all my glasses came from Warby Parker. Very affordable and stylish and it really does let me change up my look completely.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:01 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
I see nothing wrong with having a variety of frames. Affording them, and being able to afford upgrading all of them as your Rx changes, could be an issue. But if you can swing it, do it.

I have only one pair of black-framed glasses; however, I also wear contacts. I wear whatever I'm in the mood for before I leave the house. During the summer it's almost exclusively contacts, though (because of sunglasses).

Prescription sunglasses would be a good idea, too.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:46 AM

I had just one eye glass for while but I realize my eye power doesn't change much that's when I started collecting

1st year got eye glass
2nd year got contacts, no eye glass
3rd year got sunglass
Then 4th year got glass again because 2+ years was too long, my lenses were scratched out.

5th year I slacked off & didn't get anything which put me in big trouble this year
6th year sunglass broke during a trip because I carried it in my purse without case. By end of year glass broke all of sudden & I am down to my last pack of contact lenses + I choose not to take eye insurance this year because I didn't use anything last year.

I am on a mission to rebuild my collection but with help of online hopefully I don't have to wait 5 years to have a new collection

Old 10-08-2015, 02:55 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I wear my glasses constantly/exclusively, so I've always paid attention to how they look in addition to functionality. Due to cost (my glasses are $400-ish when going the brick and mortar purchase route), I've never been able to justify multiple pairs. Now, with online retailers and a full pair falling under a hundred bucks, even at my high index prescription, I can afford to have a couple on hand for different aesthetics.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:10 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,504,547 times
I have 5 pairs of glasses. I wear different ones, depending on what I'm wearing and what I feel like wearing for glasses. Two are plastic frames (different shapes and colors), two are wire frames (again, different color metal and different shapes), and one is a metal frame- sort of between the wider plastic and the thinner wire. Also a different color and shape than any of the others. Someday I'd like to get some from an online dealer and expand my collection with my most recent prescription. My eyes haven't changed tremendously over the last 8 years or so, so these are glasses from over the years (mostly free b/c insurance covers a pair every two years).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty