Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 09:19 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

What kind of logos? Here in the Bay Area, the tech worker uniform is company logo stuff. Extra cred for a "top tier" company.

But generally I don't like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 10:33 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Some people have that concern, why should it be different than anyone elses. What if he feels he's too scrawny for a TapOut shirt, or too old for a Hollister shirt? In a way it seems he cares what other people think on his wardrobe, like just about every other poster here, just instead of worrying about if heooks good in it, it's more of a should I wear it. Somebody already posted their opinion on older men "dressing like adolescents," so he's i his right to pose such a thing.
It's true I wouldn't want to wear anything with a big logo partly because I'm too old for that (and I feel weird shopping in any physical store for much younger guys). However, up to now, I haven't worried whether a small logo would be judged as the wrong age for me. Does anyone worry about that?

Old 10-23-2015, 05:58 PM

675 posts, read 645,049 times
I follow soccer, and unfortunately, the older I get (39 now), the worse they look on me, but I do like the look on, say, 20-somethings. Also, the team I like has XBOX as a jersey sponsor, and I don't game. If someone doesn't like soccer, they assume I do game.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:58 PM

112 posts, read 130,714 times
I don't like Logo or any special picture on my clothes. I like my clothes plain & clear.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:43 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,823,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
It's true I wouldn't want to wear anything with a big logo partly because I'm too old for that (and I feel weird shopping in any physical store for much younger guys). However, up to now, I haven't worried whether a small logo would be judged as the wrong age for me. Does anyone worry about that?
It's possible, I wear graphic tees, so I don't care if there's a large logo on a shirt, I like the fashion. I can understand the view of someone not wanting to walk around looking like a sponsored race car- I get that, I just don't care about if my shirt has a big 12x10 logo on it, and really if people complained, and refused to buy it, they probably wouldn't do it, much like if more people complained and demanded larger shoe sizes instead of settling for Nike, and Converse. I think it's a show-off thing, just like owning a Gucci purse covered in the G chainmail print, when that giant brass Gucci logo riveted on is more than good enough. I have some, because I(like most) like how the logo looks, tbough I don't have many, and no pants like that.It's all about the look for most, showing off. I have a Hollister hoodie somewhere that has Hollister on it, with some seabirds and the "year the company was made," on it. I don't put too much thougjt in to it, I just don't like wearing plain ass shirts all the time.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:32 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
It all depends

Old 05-14-2020, 04:54 AM

355 posts, read 225,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
A tiny alligator is one thing.

That obnoxiously huge polo horse is another.
The polo horse used to be classy tiny, too. For some reason the brand started appealing to a different "class" with the huge horse.

Old 05-14-2020, 05:29 AM

19,714 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
If the husband wears a shirt with a big logo on it to dinner? What if the logo is Gucci? A date shows up with a "St. John's Bay" shirt - bad? Your son want you to buy him a shirt that has "American Eagle" splashed across the back? (Forgive me if my brand examples are unrealistic.)
I do like logos, but "St. John's Bay"? = a Hell No and two thumbs down

Old 05-14-2020, 02:57 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
If the husband wears a shirt with a big logo on it to dinner? What if the logo is Gucci? A date shows up with a "St. John's Bay" shirt - bad? Your son want you to buy him a shirt that has "American Eagle" splashed across the back? (Forgive me if my brand examples are unrealistic.)

I don't like big logos on men. Some lines have gotten super carried away....like Gucci & Ralph Lauren with the giant logo....awful. I want my man to be stylish & fashionable....sophisticated & manly....but not a walking billboard.

The more successful men are......the less flashy they usually are IMO because they have a professional look. edit: a big American Eagle splashed across his back is not something a mature man wears IMO.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 05-14-2020 at 03:29 PM..

Old 05-14-2020, 03:15 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
I've never really thought about it one way or another...but that said, the only logo my husband or I typically wear is Harley Davidson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty