Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 02:28 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
This thread is worthless without pictures !
Yeah, post up a few from various angles and we will be in a better position (no pun intended) to give you our opinion.

Don

Old 11-02-2015, 02:31 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I bought a new dress the other day online. It was aiming to fill in the LBD (or little black dress) void in my closet. I have had many missteps over the years. The previous ones were just too boring. Or not flexible enough for loads of occasions.

The one I picked looked perfect. A nice above the knee length. Interesting details. Jersey material so it'll stay wrinkle free. And even pockets. It is a sheath like shape with a v-neck and waist details, so I thought it would be perfect for me!

I tried it on, and wow the v-neck was so low! As in you really get to see way more than just my cleavage, the gore of the bra was on display too! I debated if I should keep the dress, or find something to wear underneath. I ended up opting to keep it, and find a lacy bandeau top to wear underneath. Still have cleavage, but it more modest with the top. And the dress fit great otherwise and should be super versatile. But definitely not work appropriate.

And that got me thinking, clothing is so so low cut these days. I am often trying on dresses and shirts and reject so many of them because they show way too much cleavage, I generally don't like to deal with extra layers. What is the deal? Why is stuff so low cut. What happened? Have you noticed the same?
Jade I would have thought low cut was more comfortable??

Naturally if us men had our way it would all be low cut

Last edited by Londoncowboy30; 11-02-2015 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: Mistake

Old 11-02-2015, 03:49 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Jade I would have thought low cut was more comfortable??

Naturally if us men had are way it would all be low cut

I'd say anything that is not a turtleneck is pretty comfy. V-necks and scoop necks are most flattering to us bustier women.

I probably have a complex about my cleavage though. I blame my mom:
1. She doesn't have much (she is pretty small up top, after a few months of wearing a bra she took my hand me downs. After a year those were too big.)
2. She was always telling me to pull my shirts up and keep the girls under wraps. Even now. Some combo of it isn't classy to show off combined with her fear I would be a teen mom since I developer early.

I have other more well endowed friends that don't have my complex. Like my sister. I am the conservative one in my circles.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:56 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
Quote:
I'd say anything that is not a turtleneck is pretty comfy. V-necks and scoop necks are most flattering to us bustier women.

I probably have a complex about my cleavage though. I blame my mom:
1. She doesn't have much (she is pretty small up top, after a few months of wearing a bra she took my hand me downs. After a year those were too big.)
2. She was always telling me to pull my shirts up and keep the girls under wraps. Even now. Some combo of it isn't classy to show off combined with her fear I would be a teen mom since I developer early.

I have other more well endowed friends that don't have my complex. Like my sister. I am the conservative one in my circles.
My sister lets it all hang out, everywhere and all the time. She felt discriminated against at work because they told her to cover up, she said the thinner girls with flatter chests were never told anything about wearing the same necklines that she wore. Now that she's breastfeeding, it's even worse.

Personally, I'm more comfortable if most of my cleavage is covered.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:47 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
That's the problem. Those are the same necklines that are on smaller chested women and/or smaller sizes and those women won't get the same attention or stink eye that a buster woman will. However, to be "fair", a bustier woman will hang out and show a lot more in those same cuts and catch a bunch of eyeballs. The only way to do it is to wear a cami or buy a dress designed for a busty woman who doesn't want to show too much and it look like something designed for a nun.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:46 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
This thread is worthless without pictures !
Made it all the way to post #10 before someone posted this - you're slipping C-D.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:15 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,940,507 times
Quote:
I bought a new dress the other day online. It was aiming to fill in the LBD (or little black dress) void in my closet. I have had many missteps over the years. The previous ones were just too boring. Or not flexible enough for loads of occasions.

The one I picked looked perfect. A nice above the knee length. Interesting details. Jersey material so it'll stay wrinkle free. And even pockets. It is a sheath like shape with a v-neck and waist details, so I thought it would be perfect for me!

I tried it on, and wow the v-neck was so low! As in you really get to see way more than just my cleavage, the gore of the bra was on display too! I debated if I should keep the dress, or find something to wear underneath. I ended up opting to keep it, and find a lacy bandeau top to wear underneath. Still have cleavage, but it more modest with the top. And the dress fit great otherwise and should be super versatile. But definitely not work appropriate.

And that got me thinking, clothing is so so low cut these days. I am often trying on dresses and shirts and reject so many of them because they show way too much cleavage, I generally don't like to deal with extra layers. What is the deal? Why is stuff so low cut. What happened? Have you noticed the same?
I am not sure why its low cut any chance you could post pictures of you wearing it so we can determine the cause.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:13 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
I seem to recall you're busty -- are you maybe buying a larger size to accommodate your bustline? That would take the plunge lower, even if the bustline fits.

Is your dress sleeveless? If it is -- try taking it up at the shoulder seams a little -- like a half inch. Make sure the bustline of the dress is at your actual bustline -- and you should find you have extra fabric between your shoulders and bustline -- that's what you are trying to eliminate.

If the dress has sleeves... well... that's a bigger issue.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:37 PM

620 posts, read 638,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Referring to you first paragraph....... Wouldn't a slightly smaller dress be better as it would make you even bustier? Which in turn boosts confidence/ sex appeal etc. Or am I thinking that way just because I'm a fella?

Disclaimer!!!!

Jade I wasn't talking about you specifically but women on the whole
You're thinking that way just because you're a fella. Not all women want to appear bustier. It's not necessarily a good thing on our end. Not everyone wants to be sexualized.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:41 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yandex View Post
You're thinking that way just because you're a fella. Not all women want to appear bustier. It's not necessarily a good thing on our end. Not everyone wants to be sexualized.
Yeah Ive read it again it does look a bit........

I think I'll edit

But thank you for the answer ( might of got bashed for that! Lol )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty