U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 01:46 AM

217 posts, read 255,076 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_67R...Ny8CE4&index=2
Rate this post positively

Old 11-05-2015, 09:16 AM

4,885 posts, read 5,555,502 times
These images of fashion are fun to watch however this is not a typical Brazilian woman. They do
come in all shapes, sizes and colors and actually 43% of small to mid-sized businesses are owned
by women.

Brazilian Women Stereotypes - Brazilian News

Old 11-05-2015, 09:22 AM

28,234 posts, read 33,657,822 times
The woman in the video is very pretty but not typical. Most Brazilian women are a browner and about half would be considered Black if they were Americans. We like to think typical in Brazil is Giselle Bunchden, but reality typical us more like Tracee Ellis Ross or Sanaa Latham.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The woman in the video is very pretty but not typical. Most Brazilian women are a browner and about half would be considered Black if they were Americans. We like to think typical in Brazil is Giselle Bunchden, but reality typical us more like Tracee Ellis Ross or Sanaa Latham.
Well I'm Brazilian for European descent and I look Nordic... so for me she's typical... and Half of Brazilians is not considered Black in US... but Black and Mestizo/Castizo like Mexicans.

Also America is not Marissa Miller too, more like Tyra Banks mixed with German-American and some Mexicans.

Brazilians looks more or less this:
megafoto | globoesporte.com

Old 11-05-2015, 09:57 AM

But I agree one with Mixed or Black girl should be representative for Brazil too.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:48 AM

12,275 posts, read 6,211,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalists View Post
Well I'm Brazilian for European descent and I look Nordic... so for me she's typical... and Half of Brazilians is not considered Black in US... but Black and Mestizo/Castizo like Mexicans.

Also America is not Marissa Miller too, more like Tyra Banks mixed with German-American and some Mexicans.

Brazilians looks more or less this:
megafoto | globoesporte.com
US still follows the "one drop rule", in that if you have even the absolute tiniest trace of black in your look, even if you're 99% white and 1% black, you are considered black in this country.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:23 PM

8,449 posts, read 8,554,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
US still follows the "one drop rule", in that if you have even the absolute tiniest trace of black in your look, even if you're 99% white and 1% black, you are considered black in this country.
Who is doing this ranking by the drop? We know how it started, but, only a few keep it going to some degree. I don't hear people saying, such things as "The Rock is Black man nor do I hear this about Vin Diesel both of whom have a of mostly African blood I don't hear this about many people, no one really cares all that much, though many will state not be to black because of having one drop of blood of anything other that African origins, which cracks me the heck up for sure with; that measurement no one is black who I know.

I think these days it is whatever you choose to label yourself for the most part. But as far as I'm concerned if you are 100% of Euro blood type and want to identify as black, who am I to tell you not to, at least unofficially baring government legalities that is.

Old 11-05-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Well I'm from all european descent mostly of German (with Poles and Danes contribution) and North Italian (with small Portuguese).

But okay... I undestand... also I'm not White American in U.S (even if I look Nordo) and yes Latino or whatever.

Last edited by Capitalists; 11-05-2015 at 02:29 PM..

Old 11-05-2015, 07:58 PM

16,332 posts, read 35,101,299 times
So what is the point of this thread? At any rate, I have a lot of female Brazilian friends and not one look like the girl in the video. They all look very Latina.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:56 PM

141 posts, read 127,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
aint nothing wrong with that....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty