Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 05:26 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times

Advertisements

Wow! Impressive,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 06:28 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
Most look like totally different people

Insofar as that baloney as "its what's inside that matters...." well, the outside matters, too! What's wrong with both?

Old 11-11-2015, 06:41 PM

698 posts, read 2,841,816 times
Most look better, a couple look worse. It's great that he chose some more mature women with signs of aging. The hard part of any makeover is maintaining it. Is the stylist sending the ladies home with his team?

Well, for a short time I am sure they had fun with it!

Old 11-11-2015, 06:46 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Great pictures

I wonder if he can work miracles with me?............

No seriously it just shows what an effort and and expert eye can do

He's a stylist.. Not a magician!

( just kiddin)

Old 11-11-2015, 06:54 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
He's a stylist.. Not a magician!

( just kiddin)
😂😂😂😂

having said that I was out for a few beers and I went to the bathroom to freshen up a bit I jokingly said " back in a minute love just making myself more beautiful " and the barmaid said " now now it's a toilet not a time machine!!! "

Old 11-12-2015, 04:51 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Every woman can be beautiful so long as they wear appropriate clothing and don't eat like there's no tomorrow!

Get out of those yoga pants & skinny jeans; worst thing any woman can do!

Old 11-12-2015, 04:55 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Just goes to show that the color and style of hair plus makeup make a huge difference! Also, noticed that the transformation in eyebrows changed the appearance of the whole face.

I'd love to visit a salon and have the stylist choose the right hairdo for me, but never have encountered one who made suggestions...they always asked what I wanted instead. Has anyone had any luck getting a stylist's suggestion, and if so, were you happy with it?

Old 11-12-2015, 07:38 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Just goes to show that the color and style of hair plus makeup make a huge difference! Also, noticed that the transformation in eyebrows changed the appearance of the whole face.

I'd love to visit a salon and have the stylist choose the right hairdo for me, but never have encountered one who made suggestions...they always asked what I wanted instead. Has anyone had any luck getting a stylist's suggestion, and if so, were you happy with it?
This (bolded). Eyebrows may be the single most transforming feature on a woman's face! I noticed this in every pic. Several months ago I realized that darkening and defining my brows more made a dramatic difference in my face and started getting way more compliments on my appearance. Anyway, this was a nice article, and I too agree it was nice that they showed fairly ordinary women and didn't really give them a ridiculous makeover that they couldn't maintain. Every woman can look nice if she maintains a healthy weight and wears attractive, figure-flattering clothing. In most cases (especially for older women) a little makeup definitely improves things, and this article showed makeup that was very tasteful and not overdone in any way.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:39 AM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post

Three times.

One really seemed enthused about her suggestions. I gave her free rein. It was a disaster. Luckily hair grows. Not fast enough, in this case, but eventually enough to try again.

The other two were more restrained in proposing ideas, the results were identical to each other. I like it, and enjoy getting compliments.

It sure is fun when a stylist "nails" it.

As far as the photos... I, personally, have to be happy with a balance. I can't be all about appearance, but cannot ignore it either. More than "I'm clean and have clothing on." Less than "Is everything perfect?"

Old 11-12-2015, 08:44 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
I think they all look great. Not even because of the makeup. Just the new -'do's and clothes make ALL the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty