Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 08:56 PM

275 posts, read 469,820 times

Advertisements

I used to by have given up. I suffer from acne and stopped two years ago. I always wonder how some women can always look so perfect. I feel i always look a mess even though I try, but no make up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 09:42 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,033 times
I love make up I wear just an organic mineral powder,blush and a light lipstick called flame.
I would never dream of touching most chemical make up sold in stores,very bad for the skin.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:49 PM

645 posts, read 750,592 times
i like makeup but i dont take forever putting it on....I see the girls now putting on like 15 different types of makeup like settings, primers, eyebrows, eyelashes..lol its to much work for me....i just like the basics

Old 12-15-2016, 10:02 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,033 times
Yes this type,she looks amazing but so much work.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oELhEqCppks

Old 12-15-2016, 10:34 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post

Yeah. Looks terrific, but I wouldn't have the patience for it.

But, the eye makeup isn't need for me, as I keep my eyes hidden and try to avoid drawing attention to them. So I am always in shades, or tinted glasses, when I leave the house.

So, some good lipstick and liner, with nice blush can work.

Plus, given where I live, there's hardly ever a reason to wear that much makeup. It'd be a case of all dolled up, with nowhere to go. lol Except to different stores. There are some cute outfits I love, and would wear. But it's too dressy for the small town of 900 that I live in. Nothing around here would require that kind of nice dress, except Church, at best.

Living in a more active, and larger city, you can probably spread wings and doll-up more w/o it looking out of place.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:25 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:

Omg that is so much eye makeup. She looks nice and super polished by that is so much time and so many products. Her contouring/highlighting looks great. But sheesh that took all day.

I am not great at makeup and pretty lazy so I start with trying to get my skin to look awesome so I don't need much foundation.

When I get dolled up I use a bit of concealer under the eyes, foundation to even things out. Highlighter and blush for a glow. Mascara. Eye liner. I just got turned on to primer for eyeshadow. Amazing stuff. I might put on 1-2 kinds of eyeshadow. And I use a lip liner. Lipstick. And maybe a lip gloss. And a brow pencil.

If I just put on a bit of makeup it is mascara. Blush. Lip gloss. Maybe lip liner.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:46 PM

5 posts, read 2,674 times
I'm 34 years old and I have rarely ever worn makeup. And I constantly get told I look like I'm in my early 20s. A few people have even thought I was a teenager, like 18 or 19. I have a 13 year old daughter and I get mistaken as her older sister all the time. I don't know if the no makeup thing is a reason, but I'm happy with it all the same. I have never liked the feeling of makeup on my skin. A little mascara and lip gloss is fine, but no concealer, foundation, and all that. I constantly get flack for it from a couple of my family members, like my aunt and my Nanny (dad's sister and mom). I just consider myself low maintenance but I'm still kinda girly.

Old 12-16-2016, 07:38 AM

48,522 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Omg that is so much eye makeup. She looks nice and super polished by that is so much time and so many products. Her contouring/highlighting looks great. But sheesh that took all day.

I am not great at makeup and pretty lazy so I start with trying to get my skin to look awesome so I don't need much foundation.

When I get dolled up I use a bit of concealer under the eyes, foundation to even things out. Highlighter and blush for a glow. Mascara. Eye liner. I just got turned on to primer for eyeshadow. Amazing stuff. I might put on 1-2 kinds of eyeshadow. And I use a lip liner. Lipstick. And maybe a lip gloss. And a brow pencil.

If I just put on a bit of makeup it is mascara. Blush. Lip gloss. Maybe lip liner.
Yeah, she is wearing a LOT of make-up.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-16-2016, 01:42 PM

274 posts, read 485,281 times
Quote:

I usually do that type of routine when I am going out to dinner or something. My daily routine (when I'm not being lazy) consists of light foundation, eyebrows, mascara and a nude lip. That usually takes me approximately 5-10 minutes which isn't too bad considering.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:17 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,484,784 times
I don't like makeup that's so heavy that the person is unrecognizable at the end. But to each, his own.

I prefer a natural look that enhances what I have. I wear loose powder, mascara, bronzer, and lipstick. If I'm getting dolled up to go out in the evening, I'll add some thin, smudged eyeliner, eye shadow, blush, and a brighter or darker shade of lipstick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty