Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 02:03 PM

342 posts, read 438,081 times

Advertisements

I use YSL Gloss Volupte for 2 years. Not cheep but you get what you are paying for. Long lasting with rich pigment so you do not need a lot when applying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 02:20 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,368,091 times
"Color Lip Last" lipstick (stain?) by Sephora. Lasts through a lot of wear and tear. I also swear by Nars Velvet Matte lip pencil. I use the pencil to fill in my entire lip. Lasts and lasts.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:18 PM

836 posts, read 1,778,704 times
Cover Girl Outlast and the such. Applied to clean, dry lips, can stay well over 12 hours (no need to re-apply). BUT fat and grease dissolves them, though, so be careful when eating greasy food for lunch!
Can be worn with or without supplied gloss. For some people, tends to dry out lips without the gloss.

Some consider it "cheap" but it works so much better than a lot of pricier options! And many other brands came out with similar ones over the years. Though, Max Factor's Lipfinity was first, I believe
Attached Thumbnails
What's a good lip gloss or lipstick that actually stays on?-cg-outlast.jpg   What's a good lip gloss or lipstick that actually stays on?-cg-outlast-lip.jpg  

Old 11-15-2015, 06:38 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
For lippies that last a long time, try a matte formula. I use MAC, Nars and recently tried and like Kat Von D....each of those brands has some matte options, but the finish will be flat vs shiny and some formulas tend to be drying. Condition your lips well before using a matte lipstick.
Yes MAC and Nars in the matte formulas are great also Tarte is a good one too! I put a little lip balm on my lips and mush my lips together (yes technical term)...then apply Tarte as my fist coat and top with MAC or Nars...

Old 11-15-2015, 08:20 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,558 times
I prefer lip stains, no specific brand though

Old 11-15-2015, 11:07 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,406,915 times
I use the Cover Girl Outlast too. They stay on but they are drying to my lips. I don't usually use the clear gloss that comes with it, as I'm more into a matte look these days, but I usually put a creamier matte over it.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:12 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,422,252 times
I am another one for Cover Girl Outlast. I have been using it for a lot of years- read about it somewhere on some forum years ago. I too, like Avalon and Happy New Me use only the color. I hardly ever use the gloss (usually I end of tossing it).
Its funny because if I have bought and used 100 of these, (and that might even be the case) probably 95% has been the color 626 Canyon. This too was recommended on the same forum so I thought I would try it. It's the perfect color for me- a red/orange/brown/pink.
OCcassionally I get adventurous and try another color and do enjoy it but this Canyon is just perfection.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:43 PM

836 posts, read 1,778,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I use the Cover Girl Outlast too. They stay on but they are drying to my lips. I don't usually use the clear gloss that comes with it, as I'm more into a matte look these days, but I usually put a creamier matte over it.
Yeah, without that gloss, they could be a bit drying, especially in the winter months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I hardly ever use the gloss (usually I end of tossing it)...
Too bad, I was just thinking I may have to buy those extra tubes of gloss separately (they are sold that way, too)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Its funny because if I have bought and used 100 of these, (and that might even be the case) probably 95% has been the color 626 Canyon. This too was recommended on the same forum so I thought I would try it. It's the perfect color for me- a red/orange/brown/pink.
OCcassionally I get adventurous and try another color and do enjoy it but this Canyon is just perfection.
For me, that color is #550 (Blushed Mauve) for everyday wear.
Same way, it is just perfect shade - looks natural, yet somewhat brighter than my own lips. Everything else just looks "done".

Old 11-17-2015, 12:06 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,436 times
I really like Elf Glossy Gloss - it comes in a clear square case w/brush. Stays on really well, not sticky.

Also, like Burt's Bees gloss in a tube, it's great in the summer months.

Recently I found Nivea Care & Color - it's like a chap stick but has color in it, too. They only have a few shades, pink, coral & red. It's really sheer but nice to put on quick.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:35 PM

687 posts, read 616,755 times
I tried the cover girl outlast and it was very drying if I didn't apply the gloss constantly (which at that point why bother with a stain), and also comes off unevenly, but you can't get it all off without causing further distress to my chapped up lips, so it was a huge pain and I stopped using it.

Do the matte brands mentioned here cause very much drying? Would it be better to apply lip balm before or after color?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty