Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 10:47 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,688,983 times

Advertisements

What about AGL flats? Sure they cost a lot more than cheap flats, but they are resoleable and very comfortable so they could easily last longer. I have a pair that are super cozy and can be worn with just about everything - they can be snagged for $150 on sale right now. They also have good coverage so most of those sheer socks that are used with flats will not show.

If those aren't your cup of tea then what about Clarks? Lots of great styles, I have a pair that I wear at for special events that require being on my feet for 16+ hours and they are more comfortable than sneakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 11:00 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
At some point, when the foot pain becomes unbearable, comfort will rule.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:19 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
At some point, when the foot pain becomes unbearable, comfort will rule.

Totally agree. I am about as cheap as a person can be but I will throw down for good shoes. I don't have many shoes but the ones I have are comfortable and the extra money spent comes in the form of less back and foot pain which are two things that I consider to be priceless.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:51 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Totally agree. I am about as cheap as a person can be but I will throw down for good shoes. I don't have many shoes but the ones I have are comfortable and the extra money spent comes in the form of less back and foot pain which are two things that I consider to be priceless.
I agree with you, to a degree, but, price isn't always indicative of a great shoe. I have a lot of shoes because I've tested out both the more expensive brands and the not so expensive ones and when I found something that finally worked, that's what I've stuck with and for me so far, there's one style in particular in the Crocs collection that works very well for me, way less pain after a day of running errands and that's what I look for in any of the brands, something I wasn't getting from the lasted New Balance, Clarks nor Born and other shoes I had tried the more recent years. I do have two older pain of Clarks that work well, but their closed toe, and for my climate, I will only get a month or two of wear out of them any given year, but they are very well made for comfort. There are other brands I've tried besides the ones mentioned.

I generally will research best brands for my foot and back condition and give them a try after reading reviews, I just didn't have as much success with some of them other than the athletic wear like Spira which isn't exactly something one can wear with most outfits, but, they are another favorite along with new balance.

This is the pair of Spira I have, love these, but like I've said, not something you can wear with everything, but, I wish I could.

http://www.amazon.com/Spira-SWW202-C...ds=spira+shoes

Old 11-30-2015, 06:24 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
Try Jambu. Most models are extremely comfortable, although the style may not be as feminine as some would like (no pointy toes).

Also, consider boots. Boots are much more comfortable than shoes, and in many work environments you can get away with them with skirts and dresses. Not high-heeled boots - try Jambu, Dansko, or another comfort brand of boot with a low heel. One great thing about boots is you can usually wear them a half size bigger to get more room in the toe box without having them slide off your feet like with a shoe.
Boots are the way to go, IMO, versus flats or heels.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:56 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Boots are the way to go, IMO, versus flats or heels.
I find I can wear higher boots for longer than equivalent shoes. I love ankle boots with a skirt/dress and that is pretty much my fall/winter/spring wardrobe if I have socks clean.

Just get boots that fit well around the ankle. Also boots often have room for an insole, which I do with boots without enough native support.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:09 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
Does anyone out there know who makes good quality dress shoes that are comfortable? I usually walk around in cheap ballerina flats, because they look okay, but they are not comfortable at all. Plus, they wear out pretty quickly in this damp humid weather. Sometimes it rains so much I don't have time to get the shoes dry before I have to wear them again; the water does something to the glue that holds the shoes together.
I have a pair of black leather flats that are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. They are several years old, very soft, pliable leather (I can bend them in half; the sole is as pliable as the leather) and I just use shoe polish when the color is fading. They are Aerosoles and I have bought other Aerosoles since then hoping they would be similar, but they are not. If I could find that same shoe I would buy several pair in different colors. I think they don't make it anymore.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I find I can wear higher boots for longer than equivalent shoes. I love ankle boots with a skirt/dress and that is pretty much my fall/winter/spring wardrobe if I have socks clean.

Just get boots that fit well around the ankle. Also boots often have room for an insole, which I do with boots without enough native support.
Yep.

Boots, tights, skirts/dresses are my general uniform once it's no longer summer.

I favor mid-calf, lower heeled (but not totally flat/equestrian style) boots with rounded, versus pointy, toes, such as these:

http://maur.imageg.net/graphics/prod...769675v275.jpg

Old 11-30-2015, 11:14 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yep.

Boots, tights, skirts/dresses are my general uniform once it's no longer summer.

I favor mid-calf, lower heeled (but not totally flat/equestrian style) boots with rounded, versus pointy, toes, such as these:

http://maur.imageg.net/graphics/prod...769675v275.jpg
I've got these, and they have been quite comfy over a few wears now and walking around all day.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/l...7C-%7ChJL6glle

Old 11-30-2015, 11:17 PM

I like the ankle bootie style on others, but on me, it looks/feels awkward. I don't know if it's my extra long legs (I'm 5'10" and shortwaisted, so I'm kind of all leg), or what, but I find that I need a taller boot for it to look proportionate. I also have long feet, so the less rounded toe kind of accentuates that. I run into that with various styles. Toms-style shoes and espadrilles, for instance, make my feet look like long boats wrapped in Ace bandages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty