Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 01:11 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,570,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Eddie Bauer and Levi make the most durable jeans I know of, but you said Levi is out and I'm not sure if Eddie Bauer makes jeans for women - they probably do though.

Wrangler also makes very durable jeans, but I don't know of anyone that likes their styles.

I used to wear Eddie Bauer jeans religiously. I find their stuff has become more cheaply made over the years, and more expensive. The last pair of their jeans I bought actually ripped at the pocket, the fabric was so bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
None of the major brands are made here any longer so you are overpaying for foreign made.
Or you can buy made in America for about $35 and will outwear the former big name brands, Levis, Wrangler, Lee.

If you don't care about "name" labels these are excellent quality and I buy them local for $35.

100% Made in The USA Jeans - Texas Jeans

Keep Americans working.
These intrigued me. I live in Texas. I looked at them online, and they're too low cut for my older body.
Love the idea of buying American made though.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Lands End has made a push for their newly redesigned jeans. I have bought 4 new pairs of these. My chief complaint is that straight leg jeans in my size (XL or OX) end up hopelessly baggy after a few hours of wearing. And finding narrow legged jeans is hard sometimes in my size range. The LE jeans are fine but honestly the denim in the med blue color is not really beefy. I ordered a pair of wide legged jeans, like old fashioned bell bottoms from the 'seventies, in the dark blue, and that denim was a bit beefier. I like the fit of these jeans very well. Women's Slim Leg Jeans from Lands' End and Women's Mid Rise Trouser Jeans from Lands' End

There are other styles to choose from.

I think you can buy a beefy jean from LL Bean, if memory serves. I don't like the way their pants fit me, but the quality is always good.

Last year I bought a pair of straight legged jeans from Kohl's. They were Chaps brand and I loved that they were gray. They were made of very beefy denim, but the bagginess became a problem. When I wore them all day, I felt like a bag woman. Its the spandex. I think it must be hard to get the stretch most of us want without them going baggy. Lands End seems to have a better handle on this problem, IMO.
I just returned some jeans to Lands End. I found the fabric too flimsy.
LLBean is a really good idea. I bought jeans from them years ago. Will give them another try.
I have tried on some Chaps pants in the past, and really liked the fit. Will look into that again too.
Thanks.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I am 67, and fairly tall. My current favorite jeans are Lee, and I got them at JC Penney, online. I really don't know how much they cost, but if they had been expensive, I would remember.
I have a pair of Lee jeans and the cut is pretty nice. But I can't remember where I got them, and haven't been able to find them again. And the ones I am finding now are made of something that I'm not sure is even denim.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Good grief. Go to the mall. There's a million of them.
Who peed in your Cheerios?

Old 11-24-2015, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I wear Lee jeans and I think that they around 30-35 bucks..... IDK.... not really sure where the dilemma resides, aren't there plenty of jeans that cost less than a C note?????
It's not so much the price as the quality of the denim.
I'm after real denim, not the flimsy stuff.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:05 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
None of the major brands are made here any longer so you are overpaying for foreign made.
Or you can buy made in America for about $35 and will outwear the former big name brands, Levis, Wrangler, Lee.

If you don't care about "name" labels these are excellent quality and I buy them local for $35.

100% Made in The USA Jeans - Texas Jeans

Keep Americans working.
Texas jeans?! Wow! I'm a Texas girl, and I've never heard of them, and those prices are fantastic. The custom inseam is a godsend as well. I'm super short and I have to have even petite jeans hemmed sometimes. I take a 26" inseam usually. Like OP, I'm not as young as I used to be, and I have a small waist and big butt, so my jeans have a weird gap in the back that makes them look ill fitting. I'm going to check them out. Thanks for the link.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:23 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
I'm just gobsmacked that anyone thinks you have to spend at least $100 for quality jeans.

Aside from designers who want women to think they have to...

Old 11-24-2015, 03:11 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Good grief. Go to the mall. There's a million of them.
Most clothes at the mall are not designed for older women, which is part of the OP's dilemma. I can find almost nothing at the typical mall for me.

Old 11-24-2015, 03:22 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Most clothes at the mall are not designed for older women, which is part of the OP's dilemma. I can find almost nothing at the typical mall for me.
I'm an "older woman" and I don't have any problem finding clothes at a mall. Heck I think half of my wardrobe comes from H&M lately. Jeans from the Gap are excellent, and well below $100.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty