Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 05:52 AM

50,709 posts, read 36,411,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
You are talking about this thread aren't you?

//www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...ou-bought.html

The OP of that thread had tranny in their name. The OP of this thread is Charles22, those don't appear to be the same people unless the OP also posted on that thread too and I missed it.
yes, I misunderstood when the other poster put that link up. I could have sworn I checked it though, weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 05:42 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times
It's not the job of the changing room staff to clean up after a bunch of slobs who throw clothes all over the place. When I try on clothes, I put them back on the rack if I am not going to buy them.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:40 PM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
i don't really understand this. Clothing is VERY easy to put back on a hanger. I have never understood why people don't put clothes back on the hanger when they leave a dressing room. I take it off a hanger, I try it on, I take it off, and I put it back on a hanger/fold it/put it back in the box etc. before I leave the room.

I've never assumed it was their job to clean up after me in a dressing room. Sure it might be their job to unlock a room, grab a different size for me, take my rejected clothes back to their spot in the store etc. But leaving clothes on the floor or purposely hanging them up messy just seems weird to me.

Old 12-09-2015, 11:14 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,381,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Well, it's pretty clear which posters are self-entitled and weren't raised properly and which ones were, here.

To say it once again - any adult cleans up after themselves. The sales staff at the store are NOT your Mommy (who apparently did a pretty bad job of raising you) and if you are going to try on clothes in a store you should as a matter of course put them back on the hanger. I read ONE good reason for not doing so in here - the injured wrist. Being "in a hurry" is not a valid reason - if you're in that much of a hurry, shop another time or try on fewer items. 20? Really? Most stores have a limit just because of people like you. Here's a question: how many of those 20 items did you actually purchase, or do you treat shopping as entertainment with no intention of actually purchasing?
There is no need to criticize others so harshly for needing their Mommy, Texas. I think you could use a vacation somewhere to cool off.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:48 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
I can't remember the last time I used a changing room.

But if stores gave customers a chance to win very small rewards (say, a $5 gift certificate) for hanging up clothes after trying them on, the problem might lessen. In an ideal world, staff wouldn't have to hang up many clothes.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:44 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Seriously??? Reward you for acting like a decent human being?

Old 12-21-2015, 01:47 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Seriously??? Reward you for acting like a decent human being?
That's what was described. One wonders and despairs at what on earth the world is coming to that anyone could even think that was a good idea.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:53 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I can't remember the last time I used a changing room.

But if stores gave customers a chance to win very small rewards (say, a $5 gift certificate) for hanging up clothes after trying them on, the problem might lessen. In an ideal world, staff wouldn't have to hang up many clothes.
You know what would happen?

People who had no intention of buying any clothes would line up to try something on just to get the $5.

Chaos.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:50 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Um, it's a $5 gift certificate, not $5. Maybe allow it only toward a minimum purchase of a $25 item, for example. People prefer arguing about problems over solving them, I see.

Old 12-23-2015, 12:34 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,259,931 times
Every dressing room I go in to is loaded with clothes left behind. Macy's, Nordstrom, Target doesn't matter where filthy, lazy women galore. Never mind that most stores have a rack right outside of the dressing room to hang up things you don't want. Or, a sign on the dressing room door asking you to return what you don't want. Just look at how gross women's public restrooms are. Why should anyone expect better?

I went in to a dressing room at a store loaded with clothes including an open pack of panty-hose. I don't mind helping out and taking a few items out of the dressing room but if it's loaded that's on the employees. After I left an employee went in to the dressing room I just left and went on a rant of "Are you freaking kidding me!, are you FREAKING kidding me! I can't believe the nerve of some people, yada yada" I went back in there and gave her a piece of my mind and then complained to a manager.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty