Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 06:30 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,011,380 times

Advertisements

I'm talking about when you go to try on a bunch of pants and the dressing room attendant tells you sternly, "make sure you hang the pants back up on the hanger when you bring them back."

I get it- they have to hang up a lot of pants all day long everyday and it's probably good to get some help. However, they are getting paid to do that because I buy the pants. If I don't want to hang up the pants I'm not going to hang up the pants. I don't want to have to be told like a 3rd grader to clean up my room or something. Sometimes I'll hang up the pants but in a really poor way so the attendant has to do her work, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 06:54 PM

569 posts, read 548,444 times
I knew what you meant: Lately, when I went to a library for returning books, then the librarians who appeared more senior and in charges ordering the people to restore the books back to a cart. I didn’t know what they were going to do next: maybe they were going to order the people to return the books to their shelves this time.

And that was why I threw the seniors into the garbage cans.

Back to the topic: as much as the personal hygiene was concerned, the tried pants shall be maintained by the staves. We don’t want the customers get leprosies. This is of course relating to the Fashion&Beauty.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:25 PM

620 posts, read 635,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
I'm talking about when you go to try on a bunch of pants and the dressing room attendant tells you sternly, "make sure you hang the pants back up on the hanger when you bring them back."
I would reply "perhaps I should check with your manager to see if it's necessary for me to do so?"

Old 11-25-2015, 05:35 AM

15,125 posts, read 27,634,921 times
Just put them on the hanger!! Jeez, what's the problem? You can't believe what those retail workers are subjected to in changing rooms, the amount of work that must be done w/less people, etc.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:16 AM

50,356 posts, read 35,989,770 times
I have never in my life been told anything like that by a store clerk. I would not bring clothes out without putting them back on the hanger either, though.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:18 AM

620 posts, read 635,770 times
Oh puhleeze. I worked retail for YEARS. Amount of work ... pfhhtth. What exactly are you suggesting they're subjected to? Actually doing their job? God forbid!

I never would have even entertained the thought of expecting the customer to put the pants on the hanger. For one thing, they would probably do it incorrectly, and I'd have to take them off and hang them the right way anyways. But to be honest, it was MY job, not theirs.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:20 AM

3,167 posts, read 3,986,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post

I get it- they have to hang up a lot of pants all day long everyday and it's probably good to get some help. However, they are getting paid to do that because I buy the pants. If I don't want to hang up the pants I'm not going to hang up the pants. I don't want to have to be told like a 3rd grader to clean up my room or something. Sometimes I'll hang up the pants but in a really poor way so the attendant has to do her work, anyway.
This hasn't happened to me. What does happen often is that the attendant acts more like a security guard, carefully counting the garments and giving me the stink eye like I'm going to try to steal something. It's so bad in some stores that I actually don't want to shop there. It's not me personally - they are like that to everyone. Poor management, probably. More worried about losing money from people stealing something than making money from people buying stuff.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:21 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,952,706 times
I ALWAYS hang any clothing back up...unless I'm going to BUY it...then, they're going to take it off the hanger, anyway.

I hate going into a dressing room, and there are piles of stuff everywhere....it's boorish not to hang the clothes you've tried on back up! Leaves them wrinkled, and lying on the floor.....I often wonder about folks who do this....did their mother teach them no manners?

That said, it's not the clerk's place to tell you how to behave...but no one should NEED to tell you to hang up the clothes...it's common courtesy!

Old 11-25-2015, 11:34 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,371,259 times
By all means, just fling the clothes on the floor when you're done. Picking them up is a job for the peons.

Old 11-25-2015, 12:22 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,777,247 times
A store is not your house and the fitting room attendants are not your wife there to pick up after you.

I hate going into a fitting room and it's full of clothes that some lazy person tried on and then left there, on the bench or the floor, wadded up, inside out, etc. It's pretty easy to hang things up as you take them off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty