Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 03:48 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,549,188 times

Advertisements

No flip flops for me bloody hate them.

Good luck with the wife mate LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 12:14 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,683,156 times
Wear what YOU like and are comfortable in. I'm not really a fan of flip flops myself for anywhere other than the beach or pool. I'm not really a fan of looking at other people's feet either but to each their own.

Old 12-13-2015, 05:49 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,965,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
Wear what YOU like and are comfortable in. I'm not really a fan of flip flops myself for anywhere other than the beach or pool. I'm not really a fan of looking at other people's feet either but to each their own.
I agree. I don't find flip flops at all comfortable to walk in, other than a very short distance. For me, they're for the beach only. I also think they look terrible with long pants. I don't see any great benefit to them that should result in a man being pressured to wear them.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:09 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,976,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I agree. I don't find flip flops at all comfortable to walk in, other than a very short distance. For me, they're for the beach only. I also think they look terrible with long pants. I don't see any great benefit to them that should result in a man being pressured to wear them.
Same. I can't stand them in general, but around the beach or pool they're sort of a necessary evil. Actually, around the pool I'd prefer canvas boat shoes, but at the beach it's hard to beat the ease of cleaning sand off a pair of flip-flops.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:18 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,430,151 times
I try not to wear flip flops outside of the immediate pool area, though I tend to wear Swims by the pool, and even when on the beach as they are more practical. I will also wear Keen Newports because the toes are protected, since I have tripped over things and hurt my toe badly in flip flops, previously. I also have Speedo water shoes as well as waterproof Adidas and Merrell shoes that I tend to wear when needed in/near water.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 01-27-2016, 05:44 AM

1,485 posts, read 956,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So, after all these pages, what's the upshot with your wife? How did you deal with it?
She's took a break from mentioning it because its winter right now. But she'll be back to it when it gets springtime.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:54 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,765,055 times
Lol, this post makes me laugh because my husband never wore flip flops his entire life until about 3 years ago and we been together for 7 years. He got tired of having to strap on his Chakos, which admittedly I hate, or put on socks and tennis shoes (we are in TX and it gets HOT) so when I bought some casual flip flops for him, he started using them to run quick errands and then out, which shocked me. Now he wears them a lot. He doesn't have the prettiest feet in the world, but I guess he got over that, lol.

Just wear whatever is comfortable to you.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:46 PM

22,384 posts, read 29,502,255 times
My bf never wore flip flops until I had him buy a pair for $50, lol. (and a pedi first) Now he loves them and wears them all the time.

Just try it. You never know till you try

Old 01-27-2016, 04:48 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,401,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
No flip flops here. Tevas for the win.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:51 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,549,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
My bf never wore flip flops until I had him buy a pair for $50, lol. (and a pedi first) Now he loves them and wears them all the time.

Just try it. You never know till you try
You sure that's not just to hurt you're feelings?.... $50 and all....... LOL

No that's good it worked out for you ( and him )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty