Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,337 times

Advertisements

My back door neighbor was having a yard sale and was getting rid of some clothing, etc. After the sale, he asked me if I wanted a pair of Ariat Ramblers that didn't ever fit him well, he wore them for one day. Anyway, they fit me like a glove! I had never worn western boots before and I'll just say that I think I'm sold for life! They are the most comfortable pair of footwear that I've ever worn, aside from my new Chuck II's with the Lunarlon insole. This is coming from a guy who wears Vans, Chucks, Nikes, etc.

Did I just get lucky with this pair, or do any of you have a pair of western boots that you could/do wear every day? I'm about to go out and get some more and browse to see what else is out there. BTW, I live in San Antonio, Texas, so seeing guys and gals wearing western boots is as common as seeing palm trees in Southern California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 05:34 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
My husband wears western style work boots to work every day. Ariats are good boots. I'd say you got a bargain!

Old 11-30-2015, 05:56 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
Yep I would say you got a bargain, I love western boots and I must also say they are some of the most comfie boots I have ever put on my feet .

Old 12-01-2015, 05:57 PM

50,370 posts, read 63,964,084 times
I have some Ariat lace up shoes that I love. They are so comfortable and supportive. Problem is that I have such a small window of climate where I actually wear socks.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:15 PM

251 posts, read 175,427 times
Ariat makes the most comfortable Western boots in the business IMO. The company was started in 1993 by two ladies that each formally worked for extremely different and opposite manufacturers. I think one lady worked for Justin Boot Co. and the other worked for either New Balance or Nike or something. They both saw a need to make a cowboy boot that was both extremely comfortable right out of the box like a sneaker or running shoe, yet still be durable enough for heavy duty wear and tear. They hit a home run when they joined forces. I have three pairs of Ariat cowboy boots. Nothing short of a full on custom is going to come close in quality and comfort right out of the box. You couldn't ask for a more comfortable Western boot. I have other brands, but these are my favorite.

Left to right:

Ariat Tombstone, Ariat Big Loop and Heritage Western R- Toe.

"Tombstone" like as in Tombstone Arizona Territory.

A lot of people don't know original "horseman" or 1800's Wild West cowboy boots were most often "coffin toe", not pointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5NajWMjtDo

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...do0&ajaxhist=0

Now ya just spotted a "wanna-be" because he didn't know that.

Old 01-30-2016, 12:38 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,367,344 times
Western boots aren't necessarily hideously uncomfortable when you get them. I have a western-styled pair of Fryes that fit like a glove from the day I first wore them. Someone with a shorter, wider food might have more problems getting a comfortable fit with western style boots, I don't know. You can also use liner inserts to pad the inside of the sole a bit more, that can help with comfort.

Old 02-01-2016, 03:19 PM

251 posts, read 175,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
Western boots aren't necessarily hideously uncomfortable when you get them. I have a western-styled pair of Fryes that fit like a glove from the day I first wore them. Someone with a shorter, wider food might have more problems getting a comfortable fit with western style boots, I don't know. You can also use liner inserts to pad the inside of the sole a bit more, that can help with comfort.
I like your username. You wouldn't by chance be associated with the Ottawa, Potawatomi and Chippewa Indian tribes residing in the "Land Of Indians" in the Northwest Territory prior to 1816, would you? I certainly am!

Western boots aren't typically this comfortable. I have an old broken down pair of Durangos that I bought over 20 years ago and they still don't fit like these straight out of the box. Part of that is due to state of the art ARS technology. It's not just an insert, it's part of the whole bottom end of the boot. You can run full tilt in these boots because of it as well as wear them over 12 hours on a hard concrete floor with no foot, back, hip or knee pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6CR5hq-rPw

These boots can be factory certified resoled and recrafted as many times as needed, as long as the upper is still wearable and intact for a nominal fee of $80.

ARIAT boot & zipper repair for equestrian, paddock, western boots by NuShoe.com

Have you ever heard of Matt Triplett?

Gotta love grandpa!

Case knives and Ariat cowboy boots.......Son!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hokn2Wv0Lkg

Also Matt's Number #26.

Wednesday October 26th 1881 3:00 PM

Is it a coincidence?

Maybe, maybe not!

How about Craig Cameron and master Texas custom bookmaker Mike Vaughn?

Craig Cameron Ride Smart American Horsemanship.

Mike Vaughn custom boots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOqptqem30o

About » Mike Vaughn Handmade Boots

You'll have to go in person to Mike's shop in Bowie Texas to outdo these boots. I can walk right into my local BIG-R tractor supply and pick out tons of Ariat cowboy boots. They are an authorized dealer and have several aisles full.

http://www.ariat.com/men-western-footwear-cowboy

Frye doesn't have near the selection.

http://www.thefryecompany.com/men-western-boots/l/211

Something to think about!

Old 02-01-2016, 03:59 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,195 times
I have a pair of Ariat's Chandler (women's) that I really like. I am nowhere near "cowboy" country, but I wear them with my jeans and I love it.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:27 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
I have some Justin boots that are just as comfortable as my Ariats. I was expecting it to be miserable trying to break them in, but they've been comfortable from the first day.

For me, round toes are much more comfortable. I've got one pair with pointed toes and heels that are a couple inches high, but those are my special-occasion boots.

Old 02-01-2016, 05:09 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
I love to browse the Frye boots catalogue online. I've had Frye's before, and they last forever! Some are non-western stylish boots that stay stylish forever, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty