Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 08:28 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times

Advertisements

Growing up in the 60's I saw a old guy walk down the street in his pj's in the middle of the day. He was fitted for a white jacket the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 09:35 PM

732 posts, read 968,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Saw one women in her car outside the school gates with a towel round her head and dressing gown... come on ... whats gone wrong..
Apparently, she wasn't in much of a hurry if she didn't have on her nighttime facial cream mask and slices of cucumbers over her eyes.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:46 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,693,411 times
seriously anyone that wear pajamas out in public are just plain trash. Sorry, but not sorry. This look is never cute. The only time it's acceptable is if you're going to a drive-thru to grab a coffee and a breakfast

Old 12-22-2015, 11:10 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,062,725 times
We call them 'pyjamas' and I'd never wear them out in public! It looks really lazy, in an 'I can't be arsed' way. People were even banned from wearing them in certain supermarkets, a few years back.

When I take my daughter to school, some of the mothers there are wearing what looks like pyjamas with a coat over the top. Couldn't they even spend an extra 5 minutes just putting proper clothes on? It looks stupid, if you ask me. I wouldn't even go across the street in pyjamas, to get my bin in.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:37 PM

112 posts, read 103,428 times
OMG it is soooo gross!!
the only excuse would be if your house is on fire..
but REALLY you cant take ONE minute to ditch the flannel pants and bunny slippers????

Old 12-23-2015, 10:26 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,961 times
It's not something I'm personally comfortable going out in, but I did find myself at the grocery store in PJ pants once recently. Our alarm didn't go off that morning, I was in a huge rush to get my son to school on time and decided to concentrate on getting him dressed rather than myself, figuring that I wouldn't need to leave the car to drop him off and no one would ever know. Of course, on the way to school he reminded me that he was to bring in a treat that day for a classroom celebration, so I found myself in the grocery store scrambling to buy the promised treat. I'm not going to make a habit of it, but things happen.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:33 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,262,140 times
LOL, I even see people wearing onesies with animal themes in public, It's Weird!

Old 06-27-2016, 03:17 PM

1,230 posts, read 992,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
I agree, this has been going on for way too long, but now it's getting to the point where the majority is doing this in some stores, even wearing slippers. I know it's not my business what people wear, I was just curious.

Than move to the south!! You will NOT get people in the south east US or south west US wearing Pajama pants in public. For the most part it is too hot out side to wear Pajama pants even in California.

This most be thing of the North West US, Upstate NY or great lakes thing.

And slippers in public? Never seen that even in Los Angeles and San Diego.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:13 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,540,508 times
How come no one mentioned "professional" pajamas? AKA scrubs...
Best Reasons to Buy Cheap Scrubs | Overstockā„¢

the front pockets are great, every shirt should have them. get used to it, and you wont' ever use pants pockets again

I go to the store in pajamas, people look at me like I'm unemployed; I go in scrubs, and they think I'm employed and know what I'm doing even when all I do is point/gesture

Old 06-30-2016, 02:31 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
I honestly think some women think its cool two show off nice jammies.. when all their saying is I cant be bothered making an effort to take my kids to school and dress up..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty