Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 04:45 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,933,539 times

Advertisements

I had my brows waxed at a high end salon the other day... and when I got home I realized that I had white bumps (they looked like blisters) in my brow area and it was really painful. I've been waxing for years (not at the this place, though) and I've never had any type of reaction at all. Has anyone experienced this or know what I'm talking about?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 05:00 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,225 times
Is it a breakout like acne? I would go to the doctor just in case its some sort of infection.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:40 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,343,362 times
Wash the area well and put corisone cream on it. It probably is just sensitivity to whatever wax they used. If it doesn't clear up in a day or two, then I would call your doctor. Just because it is a high-end salon doesn't mean that you won't have a reaction to whatever they are using.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:04 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,933,539 times
Thanks, it has subsided. You're right just b/c it was high-end d/n mean it's not an infection. No, it doesn't look like a break-out or an ingrown hair. It just looks like raised white bumps. I think I'm going to go back to doing my own brows--I'd rather have imperfect brows than walk around with these bumps.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:30 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,600,699 times
If you use any sort of Retin-A product, you shouldn't wax because it does lead to reactions. If you do use it, stick to tweezing.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:46 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,397,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
I had my brows waxed at a high end salon the other day... and when I got home I realized that I had white bumps (they looked like blisters) in my brow area and it was really painful. I've been waxing for years (not at the this place, though) and I've never had any type of reaction at all. Has anyone experienced this or know what I'm talking about?
Yes I have. I only got it when I waxed my face, though. I wax my stache, fu-man chu beard and eyebrows without problems, but I have fine hairs all over my face. I tried waxing them 3 times. Twice by myself and once with a professional.

I got a rash both times! I got some hydrocortisone cream but that didn't work. Those little bumps are not ingrown hairs or an allergic reaction or anything, I don't think. I cleaned my face with alcohol, but I guess because of the white bumps (sorry to be so gross) there must be pus and thus a bacterial infection.

I didn't see my dermatologist, because I'm not going to die if I don't wax peach fuzz LOL but you should go see the doctor. I actually got spots on my face that took a while to fade away . Maybe there's something topical you can use to cool down (what sounds like) a mild infection until it heals.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:46 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,225 times
Hydrocortisone cream is not good to apply to something like that. If it were a herpes infection (all skin areas are prone and you don't want ocular herpes of all things) it will make it worse and you are not suppose to get in in your eyes, and its not suppose to be used on your face unless directed by a doctor.. Pure aloe is ok in place of that.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:14 PM

2 posts, read 54,985 times
I know what you are talking about!!! I just got one in my bikini area by my vagina! It's impossible for it to be a std! I waxed the day before

Old 05-05-2013, 11:08 PM

2 posts, read 54,985 times
Its really ugly, I assume when a couple of the hairs got pulled the pores inside lifted up. One of my hairs were super long in that area & it turned into a huge white head looking bump the swelling went down since yesterday... but it got whiter. It was just a red bump it just turned into a white head looking bump.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:30 PM

270 posts, read 488,031 times
My skin's really sensitive, so when I got my eyebrows waxed, I basically couldn't go out in public til the next day and then my brows were itchy and bumpy for a week after. I found out about threading and gave it a try and haven't looked back!! I can actually get threaded and make plans for the same night now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty