Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 10:02 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,826,111 times

Advertisements

Cedar fever gives me dark circles under my eyes...could that be it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 06:20 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
lack of sleep

lack of water...

put tea bags on eyes,,,reduces swelling..

eat a steak.. (works for me )

Old 12-18-2015, 06:59 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,583,401 times
A few ways to get rid (or reduce it)

1. Dont drink liquids right before going to bed. Because you may have to wake up and pee and/or water is retained in that area due to your gene pool.

2. Exercise in the morning. A real workout sweats out the excess water.

3. Wash your face in the morning with ice water, do facial massages It stimulates the collagen and tightens it (as you age).

4. Is the a/c on at night (Floridians) or heater if anywhere else in the U.S. and blowing in your direction?

5. Sleep a full 7-8 hours, anything less will give you pronounced bags as you get older.

6. Don't be on your iPad, Phone, or computer right before bed, it tends to makes you sleep less and strains your eyes more.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:16 AM

194 posts, read 237,928 times
I have them too, and I'm 35. The women in my family have them unfortunately. I've always had issues under my eyes, I just cover it up best I can, but there is no way of getting rid of the bags without surgery (in most cases, not all).

Old 12-18-2015, 03:44 PM

18,529 posts, read 18,748,986 times
I have chemical allergies and anything with a smell as in washing up liquid.smelly soap powder. perfume, air fresheners. petrol.. loads of stuff gives me dark circles under my eyes...

Old 12-22-2015, 10:18 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,797,076 times
It's probably water retention. I used to get them until I stopped eating added sugars in my diet.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:23 PM

112 posts, read 103,404 times
You are not too young for aging or eye bags.
I have seen teens get horrible bags and wrinkles.
Everyone has different skin and genetics.
Some teens go bald.
People arent perfect and we are all flawed.
It is probably a combo of lack of sleep, possible allergies, and genetics..
but also may be slight aging.
I am sure you look fine.
Our flaws are always worse to us.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:26 PM

112 posts, read 103,404 times
Also there are 2 types of bags
1. dark circles that are indented- these are mainly hereditary
2. big puffy bags aka LUGGAGE...caused by lack of sleep, too much salt, allergies or aging.
Puffy bags can be tamed with Preperation H and ice

Old 12-25-2015, 11:25 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,069,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
A few ways to get rid (or reduce it)

1. Dont drink liquids right before going to bed. Because you may have to wake up and pee and/or water is retained in that area due to your gene pool.

2. Exercise in the morning. A real workout sweats out the excess water.

3. Wash your face in the morning with ice water, do facial massages It stimulates the collagen and tightens it (as you age).

4. Is the a/c on at night (Floridians) or heater if anywhere else in the U.S. and blowing in your direction?

5. Sleep a full 7-8 hours, anything less will give you pronounced bags as you get older.

6. Don't be on your iPad, Phone, or computer right before bed, it tends to makes you sleep less and strains your eyes more.
Okay thanks. It may be the #5. But in my job there is lots of overtime and I can only sleep 5 hours a night a lot. However, on my days off and vacation time, I get lots of sleep and they are still there. Is it possible that I got pronounced bags from getting older over the years with less sleep on my work nights, even though I am only 31?

I also payed attention to my parents and siblings and they do not have it the same. For me it's line that starts out at the inner eye, and it forms a crease that goes across my cheek.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:10 AM

466 posts, read 581,433 times
Stress plays a big factor as well as working flat out. I had dark circles but mine was definitely due to stress and not overwork. At the same time I was given Monsia skincare in 2014 which I used religiously. I am convinced that the hyaluronic acid in this product line help remove the dark circles and lighten my age spot. It was very gradual, still have the remains of the age spot but the dark circles are no longer. Also the cause of the stress is not a problem any longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty