Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 09:56 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,366,899 times

Advertisements

I notice puffy eye bags the day after having dairy milk.

Are you eating cow's milk/dairy daily? If yes, try to stop for a few weeks to see if you notice reduced eye swelling.

I switched to almond milk and this solved my issue.

Have you gained weight in the past few years? Sometimes even a 5-10lb weight gain will add some puffiness to the face overall in all areas of the face and chin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 02:25 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,038,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin1313 View Post
Stress plays a big factor as well as working flat out. I had dark circles but mine was definitely due to stress and not overwork. At the same time I was given Monsia skincare in 2014 which I used religiously. I am convinced that the hyaluronic acid in this product line help remove the dark circles and lighten my age spot. It was very gradual, still have the remains of the age spot but the dark circles are no longer. Also the cause of the stress is not a problem any longer.
Do you think if I quit my job, and got a job where I could get more sleep would reduce it? It's just I am trying to be an actor outside if my day job. It's always been my career goal to be an actor but with puffy wrinkly eye bags for the past year or so, it's been hard.

I am looking for other jobs, but have been tempted to keep this one because of more money. If I got another one though, where I wouldn't have to work as much overtime and could get more sleep, other than on weekends, would it help?

Old 12-27-2015, 02:51 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,366,899 times
One of the symptoms for under or overactive thyroid(forgot which one) is bulgy eyes and/or eye bags. Also graves disease. Maybe check with your doctor. They can do tests.

If it's not the above, here are some tips to get rid of eye bags
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...s/con-20034185

The following tips can help you reduce or eliminate bags under eyes:
  • Use a cool compress. Wet a clean washcloth with cool water. While sitting up, apply the damp washcloth to the skin under and around your eyes for a few minutes using mild pressure.
  • Get enough sleep at night. For most adults, seven to eight hours a night is a good amount of sleep.
  • Sleep with your head slightly raised. Add an extra pillow or prop up the head of your mattress. Or elevate the entire head of the bed a few inches. This helps prevent fluids from accumulating around your eyes as you sleep.

Old 12-27-2015, 06:13 PM

13,437 posts, read 15,345,361 times
It's called lack of sleep. I am an insomniac myself and have a little puffiness or undereye circles. I need 8 hrs of sleep but usually get 6 if I'm lucky most days. I don't think it's an age related thing because otherwise my face is fine.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:13 AM

2,268 posts, read 1,557,363 times
You may be drinking too many liquids before going to bed.
What else do you eat?

If you work long slave-like hours to get ahead and to make the high rent/mortgage payments it is your health that will suffer. High income but poor health is no fun. I udnerstand 12 to 16 hour days, but there should always be time for 6 1/2 to 7 hours of sleep. Even a daytime nap helps.
Plus, if you work those kind of hours what quaility of food do you eat?
Are you taking pills or stmulants to keep you alert and awake?

DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:54 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,198,021 times
Any kind of sinus situation can cause the dark circles - as a matter of fact that's a clear indication you probably need to take some sinus meds.

The puffy you can take care of (since it's not your norm) pretty easily if you sit down, relax, lay your head back, put gentle pressure on your closed eye lids and roll your eyes around...to the left...to the right...to the left... to... you get the idea.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:41 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,123,638 times
I have seen 20-somethings with "suitcase" size bags under their eyes. It can be age-related if you never had them and they gradually appeared in your 40s, 50s, but if they appeared all of a sudden then it's due to lack of sleep, too much salt, or rubbing of eyes.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:42 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,123,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Any kind of sinus situation can cause the dark circles - as a matter of fact that's a clear indication you probably need to take some sinus meds.

The puffy you can take care of (since it's not your norm) pretty easily if you sit down, relax, lay your head back, put gentle pressure on your closed eye lids and roll your eyes around...to the left...to the right...to the left... to... you get the idea.
Yes, another good reason! Forgot this one.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:32 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,038,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
I have seen 20-somethings with "suitcase" size bags under their eyes. It can be age-related if you never had them and they gradually appeared in your 40s, 50s, but if they appeared all of a sudden then it's due to lack of sleep, too much salt, or rubbing of eyes.
Okay thanks. Well in my job, I work a lot of overtime, and I get real dirty, since it's mining, and I often find myself scrubbing my face when I get home cause it's covered in dirt and oil.

And loss of sleep cause of all the overtime. So If these are the two reasons, is their anything I can do about it? I took a vacation and got lots of sleep to catch up and not be tired but I still look the same. Is their anything else I can do?

Old 01-28-2016, 09:21 AM

466 posts, read 577,080 times
I've been reading a lot about dark circles under eyes latesly and I have come across this one that might be of interest/help to you :
https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAdd...ircles_see_if/
I hope it helps & when you land an acting job let us know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty